Hellion single 76 bb/billet wheel build thread

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Hey fellas, as most of you know I ordered my kit from Jason Roth/TRBO VNM here. If you want a hellion kit he can give you a awesome price and he's very knowledgeable about turbo cobras.

My car has went from bone stock to making 620/589 with a 2.3 whipple to making low 700 with a 3.4 on 109. All in less than 3000 miles! Hhaha

From the git go I wanted turbo but figured I could settle for a big whipple.... Nope it didn't make me smile anymore. I felt stupid with the whole ice thing at the track.... I would like to make about 700 on 93 but the only numbers I really care about are track times.

So far what I have done to the car is this:
01 upper and lower intakes
Upr k member and a arms
Coil overs
Stock manifolds are back on
MM caster camber plates on
Bbk twin 65mm tb ported and polished
And a few other small things

The mods on the car are:
Behind bars race cars aluminum sumped fuel tank
Aeromotive eliminator pump with pump controller
-8 feed -6 return
Fore rails
60lb injectors
Aeromotive regulator

Stock 48k mile long block
T56 with 26 spline spec 5
IRS brace and bushings
Stock manifolds
Ported twin 65mm tb
Ba3000 MAF
Rear seat delete
Battery in trunk
And I'm going to spray a 300 shot(just kidding!) haha
I'm basically waiting on the kit to get here now then the project will be full fledge. Here's some pics of what I have.
8f89c831.jpg

d362e48b.jpg

27dc3783.jpg

b286a46c.jpg

Here's what it did look like...
43394fe9.jpg

I will be updating this pretty regular. If anyone has advise feel free to help! Haha

Last edited:

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Sweet build and great choice going with the billet wheel turbo. You will be VERY happy with it. :rockon:

"IRS brace and bushings"
Ditch it and go solid. I was a die hard IRS guy but my car with a fully built IRS (BF brace, MM toe link bars, Aluminum diff bushings, KB front diff bar, Full Tilt bushings) and was toeing in so bad on the dyno that I just gave up and went with a built 8.8.

Watch my dyno vid in full screen and watch the rear wheel.

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Looks nice, that cold side piping is frikken huge!

Looks good. Congrats on going turbo.
Thanks bud, I'm excited.

Sweet build and great choice going with the billet wheel turbo. You will be VERY happy with it. :rockon:

"IRS brace and bushings"
Ditch it and go solid. I was a die hard IRS guy but my car with a fully built IRS (BF brace, MM toe link bars, Aluminum diff bushings, KB front diff bar, Full Tilt bushings) and was toeing in so bad on the dyno that I just gave up and went with a built 8.8.

Watch my dyno vid in full screen and watch the rear wheel.
Well I have a moto that is "don't fix it till it's broke". I think I'll just scatter it before I do sra. Don't get me wrong tho, I'm buying a 8.8 this week to go ahead and get everything ready for sra because I don't think it'll be long before I need it!:rockon:

Yea I'm glad I went ahead and got the ball bearing/billet wheel precision. If not it would have been the same thing as before going 2.3 then 3.4 then finally turbo. I just skipped the steps this time.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Looks nice, that cold side piping is frikken huge!

Thanks bud, I'm excited.

Well I have a moto that is "don't fix it till it's broke". I think I'll just scatter it before I do sra. Don't get me wrong tho, I'm buying a 8.8 this week to go ahead and get everything ready for sra because I don't think it'll be long before I need it!:rockon:

Yea I'm glad I went ahead and got the ball bearing/billet wheel precision. If not it would have been the same thing as before going 2.3 then 3.4 then finally turbo. I just skipped the steps this time.

why go small when you can go huge

Teej281

Established Member
Because you want useable power. lol and not some dyno queen. 76mm billet BB Precision was the right choice for a terminator, but no bigger. Thats gonna be perfect.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Because you want useable power. lol and not some dyno queen. 76mm billet BB Precision was the right choice for a terminator, but no bigger. Thats gonna be perfect.

context sir....learn it...live it....
i was talking about my pipe size not turbo size. which would be ovbious if you opened my link and learned i have the same turbo as he does.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member

context sir....learn it...live it....
i was talking about my pipe size not turbo size. which would be ovbious if you opened my link and learned i have the same turbo as he does.

Do i need to separate you two? Hahah jk

My kit will probly make it to my house in about a week from today!! Then it won't be long until it hits the street!

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Damn man you keep tossing money at that thing!

The turbo is where its at. ****ing awesome I love it.

TRBO VNM

Hopefully have tracking numbers for you tomorrow.

Not that you won't have enough to do, but go ahead and pop that coolant crossover tube off. The kit comes with a new one.........wait, scratch that. You already have the alt on with the tube, so you won't need the tube that comes with the kit.

also, if your pan isn't tapped, now would be a good idea to lift the motor and pull your pan off, tap the front for the drain fitting and then have the fitting welded in when you get the kit. Then you have no worries about leaking.

And I change the drain line when I install them. I end up using pushlock line and fittings. I hate working with braided line. I have -10an line, but don't think I have any fittings. If you want to do the same thing, I can send you some hose, no charge.

That turbo is going to be sick man. I can't wait to see the numbers it puts down.

Did you order that heat blanket yet? Also, I have some other info I will pm you that could help with install.

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Yea I already have the pan punched and tapped, just waiting on the fitting now. I haven't ordered the blanket yet, I forgot all about it! I think I have some more -10 an hose left from the fuel system and it's the push lock kind.

Yea man I'm super exited! I'm sure it'll be a beast, I would love to scratch a 9 with the 6 speed but I'll settle for low 10's.

D-MANN

Established Member
very interested in seeing how this build turns out.Im siding more on twins because my car is street driven mostly.would love to see the dyno graph on this turbo.

TRBO VNM

Jay,

I sent you the tracking number for the kit. keep me posted on when you get it and I will see if we can find out info on the turbo shipping

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Yes sir! I sent you a pm, I'll let you know as soon as I get it. It says it'll be here Saturday so I'll pm you then. I'll be a little while before I need the turbo really so no big deal on that.

Thanks Jason!!

TRBO VNM

Yes sir! I sent you a pm, I'll let you know as soon as I get it. It says it'll be here Saturday so I'll pm you then. I'll be a little while before I need the turbo really so no big deal on that.

Thanks Jason!!

Yeah, I requested info on that. Since the order was changed, I am not sure when they placed it with Precision.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Update!!

The kit showed up today and it looks awesome. I got the turbo also, I didn't expect it till next week but it's here. Here's some pics!

afe33cdb.jpg

c7bb07b7.jpg

6074757a.jpg

9ddf6dde.jpg

I'm welding the drain return fitting tomorrow that's why I haven't started the hot pipe yet. I should be done with all the hot and cold piping tomorrow evening. The intercooler went on perfect, no troubles there at all. I went ahead and trimmed the hole where the pipe comes thru to the tb because it was super tight. Don't get me wrong it woulda worked but much easier by trimming a bit. Here's a pic up close.
ad02f8a2.jpg

See how it is closer to the rear of the hole, it fits alot better if you trim the hole. Not a big deal at all, took 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread