Helliion TT or Whipple 2.9??

blowngt

Established Member
I recently purchased a used Hellion Kit but now I'm having second thoughts.....

I have an '11 GT that right now has a Magnuson installed.......cams, long tubes, built auto, converter.........you get the idea.

Anyways, it makes just over 600 right now so the stock short block is the limiting factor (along with the Maggie). I don't run the car at the track that often, but I do plan on getting an aluminator or sleeved block sometime this year.

Question is.........whipple 2.9 or Hellion and why???

stangn

Established Member
Stock bottom end either will break it. Everyone now a days is stuck on turbo's and they make power. Personally I drive my car a bit and love my 2.9 whip.

blowngt

Established Member
Stock bottom end either will break it. Everyone now a days is stuck on turbo's and they make power. Personally I drive my car a bit and love my 2.9 whip.

Mind sharing some #'s with me..........even if it's via PM??

How's the Magnuson? I take it your not happy with it?

The Maggie is fine, but it's not going to make much more than 650'ish IMO. The front inlet is the restriction on it.

You know what I would do D. See Avatar.

No doubt. Might have to fly you down for a weekend wrench and tuning session soon............

stangn

Established Member
Plenty of turbo cars going 9's on stock motors. I think it's dumb, but there doing it. Then again power by the hour went 9:44 with a 2.9 whipple on a stock motor! So it's your pick.

cb900f

Established Member
2 different technologies. The PD blower will hit instantly. Turbos will spool and pull harder than a PD and ultimately make more power. What do you prefer?

corepwn

Established Member
I still feel that for a true daily driven style car, the PD combos can't be beat. The thing is that you can get a fair amount out of them without winding out the gears or even committing to full throttle and the instant torque down low is truly like driving around with a big block under the hood.

I also feel that if you're looking for the best performance for all out drag racing as well as room for growth, the TT kit will no doubt out perform the PD blower.

The 2.3 TVS I believe has finally hit 8s now on an aluminator motor, 4.0 whipple has on built motor, and the turbos have been 7s.

S197OnSpray

Established Member
If it's purely a street car go PD. Daily driving a PD blower is as good as it gets. However with that said if you are going sleeved then you plan on making big power and for that I would go twin turbo. Can't go wrong with either. My daily has a PD blower and my toy has twin turbos.

Users who are viewing this thread