hellcat widebody vs 19 gt 5.0 fbo auto

DarkMach1

Established Member
I was there. Was pretty bad lol mustang has an email tune without any dyno or track revision, headers/exhaust, intake and drag pack,

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Not necessarily. A stock HC traps what.. mid 120s? Some, low 120s depending on weather.

That 5.0 traps high 120s easily.. maybe more. Shit, my e85 tune-only 2018 trapped 122-124 with literally stock everything else. Only mod was e85 tune.
exactly, I think some guys don't know the "actual" speed of a stock HC. ive seen most trap around 123ish here at sea level. don't get me wrong thats moving for a stock car....but for reference in the real world my benz traps 115-117 depending on conditions and how well my IATs recover. it takes a stock hellcat 2 gears to start to move away from me.

GEN 3 5.0 + 10sp is just some witchcraft. that combo rolls.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Yeaaahh not sure about this one. I could see it crawling away, but not running away like that without some spray.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Somewhat deceptive title.

If someone said "full bolt-ons" to me I'd immediately think headers, mid-pipe, catback, intake, tune, TB, manifold (VERY common mod in 5.0's) with tires and suspension.

Then we find it is is an exhaust/email tune car and it is running away from a car that makes easily 100RWHP or more and isn't terribly heavier than a 5.0..

Considering that 2014-2017 5.0's are maybe trapping 120-122, I don't see this 5.0 trapping high 120's as stated in this thread.

DarkMach1

Established Member
So to clear up a lot of the guessing and hearsay. The mustang has the drag pack, exhaust, intake and E85 tune and maybe the passenger seat removed, I don’t recall about the seat. No nitrous, no ported manifold or TB, nothing else. The car went 7.2 at 99 at a local 1/8 mile track. Which means it might go 124-125 at a 1/4 mile. It was 90-91* out. Although the cars were sitting at the location for a bit, after one hit Im sure IATs started rising on the hellcat and I’m sure the stock tune isn’t very kind towards that. Runs were to the advantage of the 10r80 being 40 and 50 on a time and hellcat on stock rubber.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
So to clear up a lot of the guessing and hearsay. The mustang has the drag pack, exhaust, intake and E85 tune and maybe the passenger seat removed, I don’t recall about the seat. No nitrous, no ported manifold or TB, nothing else. The car went 7.2 at 99 at a local 1/8 mile track. Which means it might go 124-125 at a 1/4 mile. It was 90-91* out. Although the cars were sitting at the location for a bit, after one hit Im sure IATs started rising on the hellcat and I’m sure the stock tune isn’t very kind towards that. Runs were to the advantage of the 10r80 being 40 and 50 on a time and hellcat on stock rubber.
Yeah I dont know man. Thats a big gap getting placed by the mustang against a car with quite a big HP advantage. Yes its heavier and like a flying brick, but seems fishy.

Users who are viewing this thread