Hellcat VS ZL1 Head 2 Head

kaz109

Established Member
Makes sense to me. Car makers are known for not even wanting to give an example of their car if a certain competitor will be competing in the test. I've been reading car magazines since I was a kid and I've seen this more then a few times. I'm not guaranteeing this is the case with dodge and their hellcat but an educated guess says it's a strong possibility.

Like i said in my earlier post..that is grade school logic. This is the same as ppl here crying that it was MT fault that ford sent them a 45k mustang claiming MT was out to make it look like the mustang was a horrible bang for buck lol

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Like i said in my earlier post..that is grade school logic. This is the same as ppl here crying that it was MT fault that ford sent them a 45k mustang claiming MT was out to make it look like the mustang was a horrible bang for buck lol

And like I said before, your logic is childish. You're naive to think magizines don't have biases.

And I agree with you brunotheboxer, Ford most likely doesn't have any 14 gt500 to loan out to magazines but when a magazine truly wants to test a car they find a way. Usually from a private owner who is willing to loan their car. Seen it plenty of times with various Ferraris.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
And like I said before, your logic is childish. You're naive to think magizines don't have biases.

And I agree with you brunotheboxer, Ford most likely doesn't have any 14 gt500 to loan out to magazines but when a magazine truly wants to test a car they find a way. Usually from a private owner who is willing to loan their car. Seen it plenty of times with various Ferraris.
I'll bet it would be difficult for a magazine to find a stock 14gt500 or a garage queen owner that would lend one out.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I'll bet it would be difficult for a magazine to find a stock 14gt500 or a garage queen owner that would lend one out.

Agreed but there are generous people out there. I remember car and driver borrowing an enzo from a private owner. And motortrend borrowing a 599 gtb from a generous owner. That's a true enthusiast in my book.

kaz109

Established Member

You are changing your logic....You can't say you believe they are being bias then say it's because ford most likely doesn't have a 13/14 to give them. The fact is the GT500 is not in production at the moment so it serves no purpose for them to hunt one down for the simple fact of a 1/4mi test between the two. So to my point, no they are not being bias but rather smart with the budget they have to do these test.

But according to you it is all one being conspiracy to hold back the almighty GT500 lol.....Grow up kid

kaz109

Established Member
Agreed but there are generous people out there. I remember car and driver borrowing an enzo from a private owner. And motortrend borrowing a 599 gtb from a generous owner. That's a true enthusiast in my book.

PPL care more about those older cars than a mustang...simple as that. Not to mention if they did use a private party car then there willl always be ppl complaining that the car was modded.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
You are changing your logic....You can't say you believe they are being bias then say it's because ford most likely doesn't have a 13/14 to give them. The fact is the GT500 is not in production at the moment so it serves no purpose for them to hunt one down for the simple fact of a 1/4mi test between the two. So to my point, no they are not being bias but rather smart with the budget they have to do these test.

But according to you it is all one being conspiracy to hold back the almighty GT500 lol.....Grow up kid

What are you talking about, like I said before if they wanted to make it happen they would. And it would be smart because that's what everyone wants to see. Go home Jr.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I can only imagine how slow my 14 GT would have felt in comparison...... hence why you never test drive something you can't buy....

kaz109

Established Member
What are you talking about, like I said before if they wanted to make it happen they would. And it would be smart because that's what everyone wants to see. Go home Jr.

You mean everybody on this forum?? Lol ..right that is what they want to waste money on. The potential bragging rights for ppl on a car site.

It is a moot point bringing back a phased out car for a head 2 head. They have test the GT500 and the hellcat already. The numbers are there. Lol @ it would be smart because that is what " everybody" wants. Hahaha..kids these days

MYGT500

Established Member
the point is it's a comparison between cars and you can buy new right now. GT 500 out of production

earl lee

Established Member
the point is it's a comparison between cars and you can buy new right now. GT 500 out of production

Sometimes, common sense is completely thrown out of the window when it comes to a hellcat. The butthurt for some is real......

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
You mean everybody on this forum?? Lol ..right that is what they want to waste money on. The potential bragging rights for ppl on a car site.

It is a moot point bringing back a phased out car for a head 2 head. They have test the GT500 and the hellcat already. The numbers are there. Lol @ it would be smart because that is what " everybody" wants. Hahaha..kids these days
Well this is a Ford site after all, so I don't see what's so "lol" about it smart guy.
And yes both cars have been tested by this magazine. But not on the same day.
I personally love the hellcat, especially the charger . That still doesn't change that I and many others would like to see a full blown test against the trinity gt500 stock for stock. Sue me.

kaz109

Established Member
Well this is a Ford site after all, so I don't see what's so "lol" about it smart guy.
And yes both cars have been tested by this magazine. But not on the same day.
I personally love the hellcat, especially the charger . That still doesn't change that I and many others would like to see a full blown test against the trinity gt500 stock for stock. Sue me.

Yes you and others ( me included) would love to see a test between the two, the difference is I am smart enough to realize why they haven't ( and might not anytime soon) test the two. You are the only one with the child's logic of why the test hasn't happened yet.

Users who are viewing this thread