Hellcat the world to end in 2023

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don’t see ev’s replacing ice anytime soon. Does anyone commute? Tens of thousands of cars daily in every city. People in Texas froze to death last winter due to their electrical grid faltering. Ida took out Louisiana for damn near a month….and we’re going to charge all these cars? No way

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Very soon manufacturers will be pretty much only making EVs. They'll make them. Consumers will buy them. And not to worry about the electrical grid. Brandon will ensure with his Infrastructure Package that the grid will be strengthened to handle anything thrown at it, and thousands of charging stations will be installed across the country. Right!! What could go wrong?!?!

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
You are outdated and know very little about what is going on.

If Chrysler doesn't change fast, their competitors will continue to crush them. Tesla and other EV startups pose a threat to FCA. Incumbents such as Ford and VW recognize the threat and they have invested in unlearning outdated processes that don't work anymore. FCA barely grew their top-lines, it was less than 3%, barely below the inflation rate. Tesla is growing more than 60% a year.

Chrysler is an example of a company that is hopelessly outdated. They move at a snails pace, whereas Tesla moves at a lightning pace. Tesla is able to change designs on the fly to reduce cost in their vehicles. Tesla continuously changes its electronic architecture. Chrysler would never do such a thing. Look at the Challenger and the Charger. They are still on old, outdated chassis because they don't touch their platforms for decades. Tesla was able to save hundreds of dollars when they switched up their architectures after two years. That is impressive savings in an industry that fights over pennies. The key to Tesla's profitability has always been its ability to cut cost and increase capability for their customers.
Chrysler used an old, outdated platform because that's what Daimler gave them after stealing FOUR BILLION DOLLARS from the Mopar side of things back in the day. Daimler also stifled Mother Mopar's engineers, refused to listen to anyone who wasn't from Germany in the board rooms, and cancelled anything that would compete at all. After the vampire that was Mercedes was done with them, they were sold to other corporations with zero interest in the car business. Fiat started pulling them out of the hole but it'll be a long time, probably never, until they are strong again. That's why they are where they are now.

People have bitched and complained forever about how fat Challengers and Chargers are but yet we still see them put the smack down on the regular. Most importantly, every person wanted to see how fast the Tesla cars compared to Demons and Hellcat powered cars before anything else. Even if there were other, faster cars around.

Mopar long consigned itself to being more of a boutique brand, they're not dumb. They see that electric cars will sell, so they'll make and sell electric cars too. At least I can count on Mother Mopar to give me some bad ass commercials and good stage presence.

If Tesla were smart, they'd steal away Mopar's marketing team. They're some of the best around. No one else put George Washington in their car, defeating the British.

You don't know what you're talking about. Please apologize and then promptly go back to making syrup for my pancakes.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Chrysler's problem is that they can't make it on their own. They are always in bed with someone else. Swapping parts with Mitsubishi, getting taken to the woodshed by M/B and now stuck with Fix It Again Tony. Their management team has basically sucked balls. Lots of bad decisions. And yet out of those many bad decisions they still manage to produce some interesting vehicles.
To this day Chrysler still has M/B influence in the parts and pieces used on their vehicles. Who knows what they will do tomorrow. But they always make it interesting.
Personally I would never own one. Worked on to many of them to make that mistake.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The platform is indeed heavy, but a damn good one at the time, and still pretty solid.
In order to break this down, let’s start with the introduction of the LX platform that underpinned the newly reintroduced Charger and Challenger. The LX platform isn’t exactly a carryover from a Mercedes E-class, however that is not to say that the Germans didn’t help in redesigning the LH platform from which the LX is derived. In shifting the LH platform to a rear-wheel drive application, Dodge sent a team of engineers to Germany to study the upcoming Mercedes E-class for help with engineering suspension and chassis components. This was around the time that the Mercedes-Benz W211 E-class was coming to the market, which is the reason why the rear driven Dodge muscle cars utilized a “minimal” amount of Mercedes parts. These parts include things like W211 E-class 5-link rear suspension with the addition of a Dodge supplied sway bar, control arm front suspension off of the W220 S-class and the rear differential from the E-class. This suspension set-up can trace its roots back to the W210, which is where the commonly discussed link between the two-decade old Benz and the Dodge Challenger and Charger comes from. class. This suspension set-up can trace its roots back to the W210, which is where the commonly discussed link between the two-decade old Benz and the Dodge Challenger and Charger comes from.
Despite the Charger going though this platform update in 2011, the Dodge Challenger still rides on a shortened version of the LX platform internally known as the LA. Perhaps the most obvious connection linking the current Dodge Challenger to the Mercedes is the fact that suspension components from the early Challengers can still bolt right up to the new models, and are interchangeable with components from that E-class, such as the lower control arms which were borrowed from the E55 AMG.

While it is certainly not fair to say that the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger ride on the exact same platform as an old Mercedes E-class, the connection is deeply rooted in the American muscle cars. As time has moved on, FCA has done away with a number of the DaimlerChrysler era parts, but not necessarily the component designs themselves. -Muscle Cars & Trucks.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Sadly it is still outselling the mustang. Which is more sad? I'm a mustang guy, and have been for close to 30 years. But I just don't care for the current product.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Sadly it is still outselling the mustang. Which is more sad? I'm a mustang guy, and have been for close to 30 years. But I just don't care for the current product.

Bite your tongue. I was dead set against the s550. Now I own 2. A 16 gen2 a6 and an 18 gen3 a10. Easily the best mustangs I’ve owned. Including a terminator and 2 gt500’s.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Bite your tongue. I was dead set against the s550. Now I own 2. A 16 gen2 a6 and an 18 gen3 a10. Easily the best mustangs I’ve owned. Including a terminator and 2 gt500’s.

I too have been in the S550 game. It's fine, but not a game changer. You must not really know me. I've had a bit of everything mustang in the past...just a bit..LOL. I've had just about every generation of mustang at some point. Gt500's. Terminators, a 65...you name it. Does the mustang handle better than a Challenger? You bet. But overall, The challenger has it beat in the looks and bang for the buck department.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Spoken like someone who has never driven an electric car.

i haven’t driven an electric but can definitely compare experiences from gas powered, loud, foul smelling, soot in your face go karts and electric..... I much MUCH prefer the gas powered....

I also don’t ever see myself picking an electric toy car vs a gas powered one...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I too have been in the S550 game. It's fine, but not a game changer. You must not really know me. I've had a bit of everything mustang in the past...just a bit..LOL. I've had just about every generation of mustang at some point. Gt500's. Terminators, a 65...you name it. Does the mustang handle better than a Challenger? You bet. But overall, The challenger has it beat in the looks and bang for the buck department.

Challenger is an enigma. It’s a big car with less usable interior space. The dash is 4th gen fbody deep and the trunk is huge, which makes the back seat unusable for adults. Less so than a s550 or foxbody.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Challenger is an enigma. It’s a big car with less usable interior space. The dash is 4th gen fbody deep and the trunk is huge, which makes the back seat unusable for adults. Less so than a s550 or foxbody.

That's weird. There seems to be considerably more room than what I had in my 16 S550. I can fit my two 10 year olds and a 4 year old in a booster in the back for a Challenger. And they have more legroom. There is no possible way to fit 3 people of any size in the back of any mustang I've ever owned.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I drove one last night, actually. It was a soul-less turd and i also hated the whole experience.

Here is my take on EVs vs gas.

I grew up with wooden coasters being the predominant form of coaster. They are gas powered cars. The are loud, they try to bruise and bloody you up, they smell, and that is what makes them amazing. It is more than a singular thrill. It the is combination of feel, smell, and sound that makes them so much fun. You don’t care that the steel coasters are faster.

Steel coasters are EVs, they are fast and that is it. They don’t have any thrill other than speed for them. You can almost sleep during the entire experience.

In Liberal America, a white kid shooting three white criminals is racist.

Users who are viewing this thread