Hellcat the world to end in 2023

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You are outdated and know very little about what is going on.

If Chrysler doesn't change fast, their competitors will continue to crush them. Tesla and other EV startups pose a threat to FCA. Incumbents such as Ford and VW recognize the threat and they have invested in unlearning outdated processes that don't work anymore. FCA barely grew their top-lines, it was less than 3%, barely below the inflation rate. Tesla is growing more than 60% a year.

Chrysler is an example of a company that is hopelessly outdated. They move at a snails pace, whereas Tesla moves at a lightning pace. Tesla is able to change designs on the fly to reduce cost in their vehicles. Tesla continuously changes its electronic architecture. Chrysler would never do such a thing. Look at the Challenger and the Charger. They are still on old, outdated chassis because they don't touch their platforms for decades. Tesla was able to save hundreds of dollars when they switched up their architectures after two years. That is impressive savings in an industry that fights over pennies. The key to Tesla's profitability has always been its ability to cut cost and increase capability for their customers.

Tesla makes money off carbon credits and NOTHING from their cars. The EV mandates will take that carbon money off the table and Tesla will then be sky rocketing the price of their cars to survive. They will then be crushed by the legacy dealers who have the dealer network to sell and service. They will end up with a SAAB size market share of the EV pie.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Tesla makes money off carbon credits and NOTHING from their cars. The EV mandates will take that carbon money off the table and Tesla will then be sky rocketing the price of their cars to survive. They will then be crushed by the legacy dealers who have the dealer network to sell and service. They will end up with a SAAB size market share of the EV pie.
Tesla's revenue from selling carbon credits has been shrinking year-over-year. Companies like FCA no longer need to buy credits from Tesla as they merged with PSA and they have strategic partnerships with other companies to develop their own electric platforms.

This summary from Tesla clearly shows that they made a profit in Q2 2021 without even counting the sales of emission credits.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Holy crap dude, if you're going to make these ridiculous arguments at least have your facts correct. FCA DOES NOT EXIST. It is all now all under Stellantis, which is a larger and more profitable company that Ford. They are literally a stronger by almost every measure. You act like Ford is on the bleeding edge? Their alliance with VW is a joke, and one of the last ones to be made after everyone already picked a more desirable partner. They are way behind most of the other big players. Sure, they have the Mach E and soon the Lightninig to build buzz, but they have virtually nothing on the infrastructure side to actually make any money at it. They just very recently announced that they would be building a factory to produce their own batteries, which hasn't even broken ground yet, meaning it is still years away. Meanwhile, GM already has an operaional plant and another under construction.

I think they'll be just fine.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Tesla's revenue from selling carbon credits has been shrinking year-over-year. Companies like FCA no longer need to buy credits from Tesla as they merged with PSA and they have strategic partnerships with other companies to develop their own electric platforms.

This summary from Tesla clearly shows that they made a profit in Q2 2021 without even counting the sales of emission credits.

They had to raise prices and do their end of quarter surge where they throw quality control out the window to do it, and even then, its questionable. When the companies with real dealer networks are forced to carry EV inventory they will spank the upstart with NO dealer/service network.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Really?

I've driven a few and find them pretty impressive. Waiting on a Mach E GT to come in.
Do you really believe Brunski actually left his retirement home, drove 30 minutes to a Jaguar dealership, waited for a salesperson, spoke to a salesperson and expressed interest in driving an I-Pace, and they let him TEST drive IT? For someone who supposedly has no interest in EVs, he sure went out of his way to test drive one.

Or he just made it up. I think its the latter.

Last edited:

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Do you really believe Brunski actually left his retirement home, drove 30 minutes to a Jaguar dealership, waited for a salesperson, spoke to a salesperson and expressed interest in driving an I-Pace, and they let him TEST drive IT? For someone who supposedly has no interest in EVs, he sure went out of his way to test drive one.

Or he just made it up. I think its the latter.
Bet me any amount of money I am making it up. I can easily prove it.
Let’s start with $10,000. Ded. Fkn. Srs. Lib.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Where is a good site to learn about challengers? PM me if anyone knows of one.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I don’t see ev’s replacing ice anytime soon. Does anyone commute? Tens of thousands of cars daily in every city. People in Texas froze to death last winter due to their electrical grid faltering. Ida took out Louisiana for damn near a month….and we’re going to charge all these cars? No way

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Years ago it was "There is no replacement for displacement"

Now you mainly see smaller engines with power adders that sound like leaf blowers. Those big block cars? Junk yards, collectors showroom or broken down in someone's garage. Eventually, everyone will "upgrade" in some way or form.

Can't escape it, everyone that is still in their 30's today will have an EV in their driveway at one point in their later life.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see EV's overtaking ICE's share of the marketplace anytime soon. If for no other reason, their range is drastically reduced by 40%+ in colder climates, thanks to higher drag from colder/denser air, and energy needed for the battery heater, and cabin heat. ICE's don't have to deal with that bullshit - if anything, they run better in colder climates.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I don't see EV's overtaking ICE's share of the marketplace anytime soon. If for no other reason, their range is drastically reduced by 40%+ in colder climates, thanks to higher drag from colder/denser air, and energy needed for the battery heater, and cabin heat. ICE's don't have to deal with that bullshit - if anything, they run better in colder climates.

What the consumer thinks is irrelevant, the mandates are driving the boat and the EU very well may move the date forward to 2030 or earlier. What the EU does will drive what we get here in the states, world market.

Users who are viewing this thread