Heated/cooled seat module placement

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Does anyone happen to know exactly where the heated/cooled seat module is in a 2015 F250? The searches I find online keep leading me to F150's. The heated/cooled portion of both of my seats have stopped working. The fuse under hood is still good. Since it's both sides I'm hoping something just came unplugged somehow.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know offhand but when I was having issues with the driver seat in my f150 forscan was able to help to run down the problem pretty quickly

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I should really get Forscan. One of my buddies keeps telling me to do it. I'm just assuming it's the module.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My friend brought his fancy computer set up from work yesterday and we scanned the truck. Nothing came up. I did find the module and did the reseat the plugs trick. No go. It is getting power. So I'm thinking the module just died on me at a random time. The truck does have 120K on it and it's been reliable. So I can't really complain too much.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Just an update to show I'm not getting anywhere. I ordered a module and tried it out with no luck. Thankfully I was able to return it. I finally picked up FORscan and a new cable to check everything myself. I'm starting to think there's an issue in the control center. There are no DTC's and when I run any kind of check it comes back fine. I set up a file in FORscan to check for the seats being activated and they showed inactive no matter what I did.

The weird thing before my buddy brought his computer both the heated and cooled buttons would "turn on". In other words the three little lights would come on. Now for the cooled side nothing happens. And for the heated side only two lights come on.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Did you check the harness connectors don’t look burned/melted or anything? I know some of the f150 guys were having issues with the connector itself

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Yeah. Nothing is burnt on any of the plugs. Nothing is sticking out as bad.

I need to track down a wiring diagram and start checking things. Though I am wondering if something went screwy in the Sync software and maybe reloading it would help.

Last edited:

beau t

Established Member

01yellercobra

Any updates on the heated seat issue - - curious as to what you came up with.
I don't have any valuable info to throw into the checks sorry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread