Heat issues (again)

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Hope it works for you! An underdrive water pump pulley is an idiotic sounding idea. But then again so are all udp's.

Serfma

Established Member
My math was pretty wrong due to night time measurements with a phone flashlight, and having to eyeball with a measuring tape.

The two pullies were a 5.125" crank pulley and 6.3125" water pump pulley. Doing the math this time shows a ~61% reduction in water pump RPM. That's basing it off of being a stock oem crank pulley size of 6.7" which I have yet to confirm the actual size. Still substantial either way.

I have a guy that is actually running the same pulley system but rarely goes over 200F, but he is fully stock outside of the same UDPs, rear gears (4.30s) and an x pipe. Had him send me over OBD2 logs and sure enough.

Going to see how quickly I can get a stock crank pulley and see what things change for me.

Serfma

Established Member
I'm in for results.

I'm leaning towards faulty radiator,,
Hah I had an SR Performance radiator, saw the same things, then jumped up to a mishimoto radiator. Fan is shrouded + mounted to radiator, but I do not have the radiator boxed in at all because my lower core support is absolutely mangled. I have no lower air dam, but I have the top and sides.

Fan kicks in definitely. Lincoln Mark 8 fan, but not the 2 speed version that is apparently an absolute monster requiring running a relay and the likes. Lol

Serfma

Established Member
Crank and water pulley installed OEM. Temps are down by about 10-15* across the board. I sit around 195-200 at any speed any gear, haven't went uphill 5th gear 60+mph where I expect it to rise past 200.

An absolute massive increase in cooling efficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread