Heat exchanger

guevoncito

Established Member
Yeah it's running and seems to be performing as expected. For my purposes it's what I need for 20 - 30 minute road course sessions with sustained high RPMs and repeated demands for WOT. Lots of air flow thru a huge H/E (no fans, they restrict air at these speeds) and lots of coolant flow thru the system to pull heat quickly. A trunk tank would just add unnecessary weight, complexity, make the pump work harder, and ice won't last long enough. If you're drag racing and run with ice to get IATs below ambient that's an entirely different strategy.
Sorry to bump an older thread. For your setup, do you know what kind of flow you're getting through the entire system? I'm about to embark on some similar mods and will be curious what you achieved. Your setup looks awesome and love the attention to detail about avoiding sharp bends. Thinking about the same thing on my side. Plenty to ponder.

Stangra

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words. I believe flow was projected to be around +20GPM, I never actually tried to measure it myself. Large plumbing is the easy part (relatively). After that it seems the restriction point in most systems is at the transfer tubes in/out of the intercooler. Go as big as your intercooler will allow... and get one that allows a lot! Good luck with your project!

65wildstang

Established Member
IMG_0917.JPG
I was able to get the intercooler & DOB heat exchanger plumbed using pre fabbed 1” hose from Pegasus Racing. It’s tight with the vmp manifold. Anxious to see how much water moves through reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread