• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Heat Exchanger Advice Please...

Discussion in 'Power-Adders' started by crjackson2134, May 16, 2020.

1. crjackson2134

crjackson2134 Active Member Established Member

Thanks, I've pretty much made my decision now (based mostly on information provided here). I'm going to contact Pro-Dyno and see if he has a pipeline to VMP for the fanless model. The price of the fans isn't justified for my use. It is a daily driver, but I don't see heavy stop/go traffic on a regular basis. Perhaps 5-6 times in a year. Most of my driving is over 40MPH. So I'll be installing the VMP unless the shop has some magic up their sleeves that would convince me otherwise.

Regarding the Pulley size. I don't know at all. Dan told me I'd be running about 10-11 psi.

If the shop has no pipelines, I'll find out and order myself.

Does VMP offer any discounts for disabled/retired veterans? Anything I can do to shave off a few bucks helps. If there is a coupon code, or a senior/disable/veteran discount of some sort, I'll apply that and make my order this week. I'm going to check in with the shop to let them know what I'm doing before placing the order.

You and handlebar Moustache have been a great deal of help. Thanks for that...

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  2. crjackson2134

Should I call? Who do I need to talk to?

3. VMP Performance

VMP Performance Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Paul or Steve either one can get you taken care of.
    This is Chuck responding to you though!

crjackson2134 likes this.
  4. crjackson2134

Thanks chuck, I'm waiting for Dan to call me back. Will this thing fit out of the box with regard to .75" or 1.0" water connections, or do I need to get some sort of adapter?

I realize the 1.0" is the way to go, but I have no clue what the Roush setup comes with, and if I need somehow to adapt the 1.0" VMP plumbing to the Roush. If I place the order today, I just want to have all my Ducks-In-A-Row.

5. Riddick

Riddick MERICA Established Member

It will all be plug and play. In order to get the 1 in connections you need to send your heat exchanger out to be modded..... Weld on new fittings. Also, to take advantage of this you need to have the fittings on your lower intake manifold modded as well.

Short answer is what you have will work just fine. Save your time and money as those upgrades are for those going all out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

6. crjackson2134

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

I just ordered the VMP Fanless-Triple-Pass with .75" outlets. Should be here in a few days, so I'm all set now.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
    Riddick likes this.
  7. crjackson2134

VMP Heat Exchanger arrived yesterday. :)

8. Riddick

Riddick MERICA Established Member

Wow, some fast shipping!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

crjackson2134 likes this.
  9. crjackson2134

Gotta give props to VMP, and I got to speak with our local @VMP Performance forum member Chuck. Those guys are incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

I’m definitely a permanent customer, based solely on their customer service.