health insurance

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Dont ever think you are invincible. Fortunately I've been paying my insurance way for 38 years. I was hospitalized for 6 days at 130k this year. I feel 95 percent to what I was, and not in the poor house. I bitched at every premium check I wrote, but am obligated to be responsible for myself like everyone else use to be.
Thank you Lord for providing!

Kevins89notch

Established Member

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Once there is money in your HSA it’s yours to use on any medical expenses and it doesn’t expire. The requirements and restrictions are due to it being a pre-tax benefit (IRS). Why can’t you cancel your health insurance without a qualifying event; pre-tax benefit (IRS). Why was Obamacare legal; IRS.

tistan

Established Member
Dont ever think you are invincible. Fortunately I've been paying my insurance way for 38 years. I was hospitalized for 6 days at 130k this year. I feel 95 percent to what I was, and not in the poor house. I bitched at every premium check I wrote, but am obligated to be responsible for myself like everyone else use to be.
Thank you Lord for providing!
I am looking at currently paying $6k a year, which will go up as I get older, for the next 25 years. I will pay $200-400k in premiums, my deductible is going to be $5k and then I'm going to pay 20% co pay. Why give insurance $200k of money instead of investing that in something else? I agree that back before Obamacare skyrocketed rates, that having insurance was worth the cost vs the risk of not having it. If I were to have a major medical the hospital would jack up the cost to insurance and I will get stuck with 20% of the exaggerated cost. I feel like the system is rigged and I don't want to play in it anymore.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I am looking at currently paying $6k a year, which will go up as I get older, for the next 25 years. I will pay $200-400k in premiums, my deductible is going to be $5k and then I'm going to pay 20% co pay. Why give insurance $200k of money instead of investing that in something else? I agree that back before Obamacare skyrocketed rates, that having insurance was worth the cost vs the risk of not having it. If I were to have a major medical the hospital would jack up the cost to insurance and I will get stuck with 20% of the exaggerated cost. I feel like the system is rigged and I don't want to play in it anymore.

I was in your exact shoes for 20 years but with slightly different numbers. Insurance premiums went from 150 a month 10 years ago to 1000 a month after Obitch screwed things up. I think if I was single I would have said screw it a long time ago, and done without insurance. Having a family definitely changes all that for me. My family is everything to me. As long as I can provide, they will have. Best to you, and your tough decisions.

tistan

Established Member
I was in your exact shoes for 20 years but with slightly different numbers. Insurance premiums went from 150 a month 10 years ago to 1000 a month after Obitch screwed things up. I think if I was single I would have said screw it a long time ago, and done without insurance. Having a family definitely changes all that for me. My family is everything to me. As long as I can provide, they will have. Best to you, and your tough decisions.
Yep, before Obamacare my insurance was $110 a month 80/20 with a $2k deductible. I also had a $10k supplemental to cover the other 20% for pretty cheap. My insurance went to $300 a month with a high deductible after Obamacare. I dropped it for a long time.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yep, before Obamacare my insurance was $110 a month 80/20 with a $2k deductible. I also had a $10k supplemental to cover the other 20% for pretty cheap. My insurance went to $300 a month with a high deductible after Obamacare. I dropped it for a long time.

I remember those reasonable prices.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
When I hit 65 I went on Medicare since I was unemployed at the time. Once I got a job and looked at the costs of insurance, my company has a pretty decent plan, I stayed on Medicare because getting back on Medicare after being on an insurance plan is a pain in the ass. I pay just under 500 a quarter for the part B and another similar payment per quarter for part G. That covers me for everything except vision and dental. 200 per year deductible period.

I looked at some of those Medicare advantage plans with the zero premiums that have dental and vision and drug coverage but what they don’t mention in the adds is the yearly out of pocket costs which are insane.

insurance costs since obutthead care have turned into a cash cow for the companies and there are still millions uninsured.

Users who are viewing this thread