Heads

big1inch

Established Member
Shopping for a set of heads. Wondering how much they cost and who's got em. Used would be great.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
I have got two sets both ford gt with Inconel exhaust vavles

1 pair brand new minus cams and lifter/rockers 2000.00

1 pair used complete with everything, 2500.00

big1inch

Established Member
As far as the inconel valves go is that something that would be sufficient for big power. Or should I just go with the bare heads and get custom cams? I also want to go 4.6 not 5.4 beacause of the shorter throw. Do you recommend a 5.4 GT block over a teksid to make 1500 HP or stay with the 4.6.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
As far as the inconel valves go is that something that would be sufficient for big power. Or should I just go with the bare heads and get custom cams? I also want to go 4.6 not 5.4 beacause of the shorter throw. Do you recommend a 5.4 GT block over a teksid to make 1500 HP or stay with the 4.6.

You really need to use a 5.4 GTblock and just destroke it. I got a complet Gt long block id sell ya.

big1inch

Established Member
Is the GT block that much better than the teksid? Are the complete heads GT cams or aftermarket and would the cams be good for big turbo? Sorry for all the stupid questions but I just want to get it right. The inconel valves are the stock size or bigger? And is porting OS valves necessary to reach my power level of 1500HP+?

Gixx1300R

Established Member
The Ford GT block has been testing and used in excess of 2500 hp. As of now it is the strongest block that Ford has ever produced.

Users who are viewing this thread