Heads, Cams VS stroker

which option is better for street/strip use ?

• FRPP's heads + cams (comp, FRPP,etc, choice not done yet) OR

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Stroker assembly kit ([url]http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gtkbp.htm[/url])

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

Oman_cobra

Established Member
thanks for the reply man. but isnt stage 3 cams rough for a street application ?!

MattP 343

Established Member
A friend of mine has them with stock heads and they are fine...lost low end torque though

Search for a user named RiskyBiznes05gt- He has the Stage2 Heads with S3 Comp cams and Nitrous. Im sure you could ask him his opinion.

[ame]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a5954086-7560-4a29-ba56-99e300586e16.htm[/ame]

this one takes a while to load for me
http://media.putfile.com/Adam-vs-Jay

Last edited:

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Ahh screw it go stroker plus a whipple like i did:thumbsup: Then get some cams and heads later. I plan on doing that as my next winter project:burnout:

Oman_cobra

Established Member
to be honest im still confused...
anyhow guys thanks for the comments, but please i want it NA all the way

Oman_cobra

Established Member
Returned your PM...And even with the Heads/Cams I think you will probably need a shot of nitrous to outrun the Stroked LS2!

sure im considering nitrous as well, & by the way, LS2 i mean is
cars.390924.jpg

like the pontiac G8 6.0L 360hp,
stock to stock i beat him, but nopw he's stroked & with a shot, his car moves...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
From all the horrible stuff Ive heard about RPM outlet, Heads/Cams wins by default lol

Livernois Stage 2 Heads with Comp. Stage 3 cams...Can't go wrong!

i have heard bad things abuot livernois.

the most i have heard is 360-370rwhp from a 4.6 3 valve from al papito. the stroker pj is not reliable either hence the only one year warranty. the easiest thing is a twin screw on low boost and a safe tune. anything more than that talk to fourcam about building the engine.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Stroked with heads and cams like Jim Jr. from JDM.
I don't know what he's putting out but his auto is running 11.10's in the 1/4 mile N/A.

1badass96GT

Established Member
the most i have heard is 360-370rwhp from a 4.6 3 valve from al papito.

I've put down over 380rwhp with some bolt ons left to add. I might be able to brush 400 at the wheel. If you want something different, and want to catch people at surprise go N/A. When I run at the track people always expect its supercharged. When I open the hood the next question is where is the nitrous hidden.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I've put down over 380rwhp with some bolt ons left to add. I might be able to brush 400 at the wheel. If you want something different, and want to catch people at surprise go N/A. When I run at the track people always expect its supercharged. When I open the hood the next question is where is the nitrous hidden.

what are you running?

1badass96GT

Established Member
I went to the track a few weeks ago and went 12.4 @109. I'm not a very good driver though. Last week I finally got a set of drag wheels (12.4 was on 18" chrome fronts, 17" stock w/DR on the back). I couldn't get a good run though, never sixty footed and had a clean pass on the same trip down the track. Car mph 112 though which I was happy with. Hope to go back next few weeks with what learned from last time and get a low 12s or high 11s. Drove the car 45 minutes to the track each way with the air on too, got to love technology.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I went to the track a few weeks ago and went 12.4 @109. I'm not a very good driver though. Last week I finally got a set of drag wheels (12.4 was on 18" chrome fronts, 17" stock w/DR on the back). I couldn't get a good run though, never sixty footed and had a clean pass on the same trip down the track. Car mph 112 though which I was happy with. Hope to go back next few weeks with what learned from last time and get a low 12s or high 11s. Drove the car 45 minutes to the track each way with the air on too, got to love technology.

sorry what mods are you running? and who did the work?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i have seen to claims of n/a 380rwhp before and they both turned out to be false. a third will not surprise me.:poke: the heads on the 3 valve do not flow that well!

Oman_cobra

Established Member
if i install a supercharger (KB, Saleen, whipple) how often i service the blower ?! are there any issues after installation ?! why im worried because im not living in a place where i can see SCT, or Diablosport's tuners, ill have to get it over the internet, like bamachips or VMP.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
if i install a supercharger (KB, Saleen, whipple) how often i service the blower ?! are there any issues after installation ?! why im worried because im not living in a place where i can see SCT, or Diablosport's tuners, ill have to get it over the internet, like bamachips or VMP.
If you're going over the internet trust me on this one and get the Saleen form JDM with their stage II package and GT500 pumps. I've been on their mail order tune for nearly 2 years now.

I went there to get a custom tune and there was no need to. It was perfect.

Here's the dyno sheet.

scanlg8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread