headliner?

ninee3cobra

#2088 Snake
Established Member
hello all, well just wanted to ask if you guys have had any of your headliners re-upholstered, what material did you use, and how much did you pay? if you guys have pics post up if you can, thanks in advance!

COILDUP

Established Member

ninee3cobra

#2088 Snake
Established Member
racerbox77 said:
What about sunroof cars guys?

im sorry i did not elaborate much, but my car has a sunroof as well. oh and what color is your headliner, im not sure if the previous owner had it done but on mine it is black vynil, what is everyone elses color and material? so any inputs are welcomed fellas

Last edited:

racerbox77

Established Member
mines black vynl. The shop near me says they'll do it for 150 but with regular cloth type not vynl. I need to do something tho because mine is pulling away a the edges.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Sunroof mustangs have a grained vinyl type headliner.... Solid roof mustangs have cloth headliners.

I don't remember ever seeing anyone offer the correct vinyl for sunroof cars. I'm sure a good upholstery shop could find something very close through one of their sources. Biggest deal would be getting them to take the time to actually look for and order it. They would rather just install what they have in stock, which will be reg. 'ol headliner cloth.

OH and yes a falling headliner is very common in sunroof cars.

ninee3cobra

#2088 Snake
Established Member
for those who have a sunroof and vynil. would you go ahead and go with cloth or would you rather have it as stock as possible? mine is coming off bad, and i want it fixed fast, but i have been to 2 places so far (Still doing research) and all they have is the cloth material, but i want to stay as close as original as i can. so once again would u go ahead and put cloth on or look for vynil?

carguy19

Established Member
My friend did a black suede headliner (alcantara) in my 90 LX that I had and I must say it looked gorgeous. It costs $$$ to do tho.

SCT93COBRA

Established Member
If anyone is looking for an OEM one, I have one out of a 1300 mile Cobra. If any one remembers the seats that were sold on E-Bay, its from the same car. Its the last of the parts that I have.

ninee3cobra

#2088 Snake
Established Member
SCT93COBRA said:
If anyone is looking for an OEM one, I have one out of a 1300 mile Cobra. If any one remembers the seats that were sold on E-Bay, its from the same car. Its the last of the parts that I have.

do you have any other parts available? im looking to buy a cargo cover and black sunroof bag for my cobra, does anyone have extra willing to sell?

Users who are viewing this thread