Headers & Nittos, Whoo Hooooo

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Got my Headers and Nittos and to tell you the truth I think the Nittos were a better investment :thumbsup: , Got the headers yesterday and the tires today, with the header it feels stronger up top but today after I put on the Nittos, I had way more fun, the car actually feels quicker because you can get the power to the ground, I love them, don't know why I waited, now I need to go back to Carlsbad and try again.

stang99

I had the 315 Nittos on the 9" stock rims and they were awesome. But, I sold them to FiveOhDean because I was demodding my car and retiring from racing. That did not last and my next set of Nittos will be delivered by UPS tomorrow. Since I got some rims to mount the drag tires, I considered some other options, but I decided to get the Nittos in case I wanted to drive down to Carlsbad on my race tires, or to Famoso, or Fontana. The time I went to Famoso I got caught in some fairly serious rain on the Nittos and they were very good in the rain. So, I trust them as a tire that I could drive to a track 100 miles away.
On the street the Nittos were very sticky. And they looked bad assed on the car. After an adjustable quadrant and a decent sounding exhaust, I'd put the Nittos on my short list. They stick better so they inhibit wheel hop too.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
I got the Nitto NT 555r DR's 275/40R-17's
Cool. When my tires wear out I was thinking of trying some BFG KD's or the Nitto RII's. I'm waiting for the 17" ET Streets for the track.

I had Nitto DR's on my '97 Cobra. Only went to the track once and made 3 passes. Only got about 6000 miles out of them and I drove that car the same way I drive this one...very mello most of the time.

S.C.L.A.98COBRA

Established Member
Is there a big difference the three types of Nitto's...NT-555, NT-555R, and NT-555R2. I read that 555R1 & 555R2 are really rough on the street, is that true? how do they feel on the street?

Another thing, I'm looking into getting some for my rear wheels, what size should I get for my 18x10 rear wheels.

TDS-03

Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
Got my Headers and Nittos and to tell you the truth I think the Nittos were a better investment :thumbsup: , Got the headers yesterday and the tires today, with the header it feels stronger up top but today after I put on the Nittos, I had way more fun, the car actually feels quicker because you can get the power to the ground, I love them, don't know why I waited, now I need to go back to Carlsbad and try again.

Weren't you also going to go for a new throttle body? Just wondering if you decided against it or if its just on the waiting list? Curious to see how your headers respond at the dyno.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
No I didn't get the throttle body because I'm getting the Kenbell so I figure I would wait, but I signed up for a Dyno day on 9/13, but I don't know if I can wait that long to Dyno, I can feel the difference more up top and the throttle response is quicker. As far as the Nitto 555R's on the street feels about the same to me except now I don't accidentely chirp my tires when taking off anymore :thumbsup:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Here's a pic of the Nittos with the H&R 1" Spacers, they look good at this angle.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Cool Pic. :beer:
Yeah id does look nice :D

Carlton....so i guess its really easy to get to Red Line on 4th & 5th?
I remember on my 01Cobra. Once i had the LT's....no problems red lining the tach.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
But straight on from the back, I don't like it, I want it even with the fender but still alot of meat under the car, looks like I will have to go with the 10.5 rims to get the look I want.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
You know how guys name there cars after girls, and I like my girls with big J-Lo Booties, :D , and yes with the headers the mph's come up very quickly :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
You know how guys name there cars after girls, and I like my girls with big J-Lo Booties, :D , and yes with the headers the mph's come up very quickly :thumbsup:

:lol:

I thought u were going to say Big Momma :shrug: :D

Yeah im sure u gained some HP & TQ from it. But the main issue being that the engine can rev much easier on 4th - 6th gears.

:beer:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Love my JBA shorties....changed overall sound from nasty to NASCAR.
Until I saw the silver bling on your tail I did not think that would be cool ....however, I like it and will order it tonight.
Tomorrow early I will put on 100mm idler pulley and 3 oz of JEGs Drag
Oil in my tranny to shut it up (Pro 50 whine). If Mama Snake up to it we will come by and pester PM and his chatty bros. at Swansons. I enjoy their jousting on these forums.

Hey...question for you men...saw an '01 Cobra with Ford removed on tail and SVT in it's place. Is it true you can remove the Ford oval with a hair drier and patience?

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Thanks, sometimes I wish I hadn't put the inserts on, I was thinking about even maybe covering it up with the black letters, but it looks okay , thats why I put the black tag frame to tone it down.

Users who are viewing this thread