Headers for Trick Flow High Port Heads...

cornholio

Established Member
I am having a hell of a time finding headers for Trick Flows new high port heads for a sbf. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer that carries headers for this head. I am trying to avoid the custom header route if possible... Maybe that's not possible. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

WillyB93

Established Member
Give it a little more time posts have been slow lately!

buddha93

Established Member
Who have you tried? Most of the big name guys make them for the TFS high ports to my knowledege. I would call them rather then trying to find anything on the net. I'm pretty sure MAC makes a set.

cornholio

Established Member
Already called. Even called Trick Flow themselves and they confirmed that I needed a custom header. Fortunately they were able to refer me to a shop in California. Been in touch with them and they are making a custom set for me.

It just would have been nice to know this in the beginning. I already purchased a set of Hooker Super Comps and had them ceramic coated. Have to try and sell them now. Live and learn.

buddha93

Established Member
No chit? Huh.

I guess these are so new, no one has started mass producing them. Well, on the bright side a set of custom headers should be of high quality. Too bad they're going to cost you and arm and a leg.

cornholio

Established Member
They should be good quality. For info to anyone who needs to know or does a search for this same circumstance later on. Or for anyone that just needs a set of custom / one off headers for that matter.

Ford Powertrain Applications in California specializes in custom header design and is farily affordable for most applications. Small operation, really nice people.

And... BUYER BEWARE OF THE NEW TFS HIGH PORTS.....Great, great heads, but be ready to tackle the header issue.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Wasn't the original TFS Heads (before the created the newer Trick Flow branding)way back in the 90's the same way, requiring a special hearder? What is different and is all the extra money you are spending on the Headers going to be worth it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread