Headers for a V6 w/ Automatic transmission?

211Ginger

I have a 2011 Mustang V6, with Automatic transmission with Flow Master Force II
409S exhaust mufflers, and I am considering to install a set of Headers for a little extra growl ;) and performance.

I've seen some posts in which headers wont do much for a V6, so I better ask the SVT team.. Can SVT recommend headers for a V6 with an automatic transmission?

If a set of headers are Ok which type (shorties or long tube; X or H pipes) would most benefit a street legal setup, and not produce an annoying drone when in high gear?

Thank you very much
Dj

Dan Rooney

I have BBK shorty headers; flowmaster Force 2 axlebacks; and a Borla cut and clamp x pipe and it sounds great and runs well. Still need to take it to the track. I bought the headers used and they were warped so I took them to a machine shop and they ground them flat. Install was no fun because it was my first time with headers. I would pay to have them installed unless you are determined to do it yourself. I paid a shop 200 to install the cut andclamp and retork the header bolts.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The short tube headers will not sound as raspy as the long tube headers on the 3.7L, the Long tubes will make more power, but the 3.7 starts to sound super raspy with long tubes plus any kind of off road X pipe.

1 popular set up is Borla S type exhaust plus the BBK tuned length short headers, Personally to me it sounds pretty good but the v6 is an "Acquired" taste

Users who are viewing this thread