Heacock vs. Grundy vs. ????

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I am getting new quotes on my 2014 Shelby garage queen. Sees a few thousand miles a year for club events, cruises, etc.

Anyone have any good or bad comments on Grundy, Heacock or other specialty insurer?

Thanks, Tom

raustin0017

Established Member
Grundy: My 66 427 Cobra replica policy had an agreed value of $50K, no one under 25 to operate, garage kept, limited to 2,500 miles per year, and was about $600 per year for full coverage in 2012. I thought it was real cheap for the car that was covered. That is the only time I have used a specialty insurance co.

stanger1

Established Member
Grundy here also. Car has an agreed value and no deductible, but like above post, garage kept, not too many miles, not a daily driver. Got a good price.
Had them for 2 years now.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im with Hagerty, Grundy said absolutely no driving my car to work EVER outside of stopping in to show it off and immediately leave

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Grundy here. Unlimited mileage and an agreed value on my car of 43K. I pay $435 a year. You have to pay the fee for the year upfront, but that's no biggie.
With Grundy, you MUST have the vehicle in a garage, MUST have a daily driver and you cannot drive the car to work or the store or malls. All that is fine with me as I don't leave my car unattended. You can go to car shows and car cruises though.
January will be year 3 with them.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I've got a daily driver and garage storage. However, I may want to drive it to work on a Friday every month or so. Is that acceptable with Hagerty?

Tom

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
I've got a daily driver and garage storage. However, I may want to drive it to work on a Friday every month or so. Is that acceptable with Hagerty?

Tom
Yes. You can drive to work, but not every day. A couple times a month is fine. I have a Hagerty policy. Car must be stored in a locked garage, must not be a daily driver. Agreed value, around $850 a year for me. I chose a high deductible. I've been happy so far, but never had to make a claim, so who knows. I might put 1,500-2,000 miles a year on the car...all low-risk driving...no rush hour, typically on low-traffic rural roads & never in bad weather. None of that is a requirement though.

Users who are viewing this thread