HCM (head Cooling Mod) for all 4.6 / 5.4 DOHC Cobra

lescok

Established Member
Any word on making thr stand line that goes to the heater hose out of one piece? Remember it being mentioned before but haven't seen a update on it. Sure it would make the kit more appealing.

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
I see EGR delete in your future. Exhaust gas is a hell of allot hoter than coolant. That shit is going to melt

Update: My MMR HCM is still going strong! I had the trans out for a new clutch and inspected everything. All looks great with no leaks!

FYI the silicone hose I used to reroute the EGR tube was just fine as well. Also if you want to keep the EGR, new tube is easier to bend than a used one.

Last edited:

MachR1

Terminated Mach
Established Member
No instructions? Also the heater core hose is much larger than the fitting as stated before, it literally goes over the fitting and hose provided. Will that be okay with install if using a clamp?

MachR1

Terminated Mach
Established Member
I ended up going to Home Depot and getting a proper fitting adapter. The hose idea seemed like a bad one considering it was a smooth surface. I didn't want it slipping off when under pressure. Any update on those instructions or links as mentioned before? I had no luck on Google.

I recommend you include a few different sized adapters in these kits. You mentioned before that the heater core hose expands over time, given that these cars are 13-14 years old now, I 'm sure most have expanded. Doing that would eliminate a small headache.

I have yet to start the car with this mod so I have no idea if it will leak but for a quick review. The parts look great, the fit was spot on and install was pretty simple. What I didn't like (all can be fixed on your end) would be the lack of instructions, lack of proper fitting adapters and lack of 3 clamps. I bring up the last part because I clamped all my ends mostly because I didn't want anything leaking and for peace of mind. Secondly because even the supplied hose seemed a bit too big for the barbed brass fittings.

Fix those simple issues and I'd say you have a 5 out of 5 product. Until then I rate 3 out of 5. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread