HCM Carbon Fiber......experiences?

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
I replaced all of the trim pieces with parts from Sigala. No issues here and the craftsmanship was great. A quick jeweling session and they were ready for Gtechniq C1 ceramic coating and two coats of Gtechniq EXO.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
ANY CF part left out in the sun is gonna turn yellow over time. Doesn't matter who makes it or what quality it is. Although, wrapping it with clear paint protectant will surely help the UV rays that destroy it over time.

jayk17

Established Member
Applying ceramic coating with UV protection is definitely a good method to preserve the look of your CF parts.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a radiator cover for my 03 a while back from HCM and communication was top, even shipped overseas but fitment was not great at all. I had to leave out one of the mounting plugs. Since mine is not a show car I didn't care much but would not buy again.

Carbondriven is top quality, I have many of his parts and will buy more in the future.

Sprchd83

Established Member
Anyone know if Robert at Carbon Driven is even still doing parts? I know before Christmas he said he would start replenishing parts soon. I saw a radio bezel pop up as in stock and a console cover. That's it. And then the website went down. Has been down for quite some time. Considering going a different route with my interior if he is out of business.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Anyone know if Robert at Carbon Driven is even still doing parts? I know before Christmas he said he would start replenishing parts soon. I saw a radio bezel pop up as in stock and a console cover. That's it. And then the website went down. Has been down for quite some time. Considering going a different route with my interior if he is out of business.

I think they are just upgrading their website which was a bit antiquated. That being said, the demand for anything out weighs supply which has me looking to invest in CF skinning or fabricating supplies from here on out. I love CD, but waiting over a year for a part to pop back in stock for a few days is a bit much. I’m going to skin a few pieces and see how they turn out. The labor is what we pay for with these parts and quite frankly I have the time for arts and crafts.

Last edited:

Sprchd83

Established Member
I think they are just upgrading their website which was a bit antiquated. That being said, the demand for anything out weighs supply which has me looking to invest in CF skinning or fabricating supplies from here on out. I love CD, but waiting over a year for a part to pop back in stock for a few days is a bit much. I’m going to skin a few pieces and see how they turn out. The labor is what we pay for with these parts and quite frankly I have the time for arts and crafts.

You planning on skinning yourself or sending it out? If sending, any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread