have you ever had heartburn...

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
...so bad that you deleted your internet history? I had it that bad recently, I was literally on google trying to find out how to tell if your having a heart attack or just heartburn. I very rarely get heartburn and this was way worse than ive ever had it so i was actually scared lol. I would hate to have to deal with that more than once every year or two.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I'm always in panic thinking I'll have a heart attack or i have plugged arteries.. Yet in 23 and in damn good shape..

But i do have a hear condition

TorchMach

Established Member
I use to really bad when I would lay in bed at night.

I started to eat a lot of raw cucumber and ate healthier over all and haven't heartburn over a year now.

mp23

Established Member
yep, certain foods will do it, I also notice that as my weight goes up and down, it gets better or worse.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Heartburn is always annoying. I usually get it after eating spicy foods, including garlic, which I have cut down on. When I do have something spicy, I have learned to stay away from them at least a few hours before going to bed. I never take an antacid or other heart burn aid. I'd rather modify my food intake.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Never had heartburn before in my life then at 31 suddenly started getting it when I drank a beer/coke/milk product with a big meal.

First time didn't know what it was, actually woke up with it after a big meal right before bed, thought I was having a heart attack.

It was bad for a few months so I cut out all the triggers I was consuming for about 3 months to let things heal up and have been good since.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Nexium 20mg should be otc very soon if not already. It's not necessarily what you're eating and that shit will cause scar tissue in your throat. You then end up with Schatzki's ring and food will start getting stuck in your throat. That shit ****ing sucks. Silent reflux.. nobody likes it:xpl:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I don't get heartburn much but when I do I always drink a little vinegar. Then its gone within 2 minutes.

ssssnake

Established Member
yep, certain foods will do it, I also notice that as my weight goes up and down, it gets better or worse.

That's the truth.

Nexium 20mg should be otc very soon if not already. It's not necessarily what you're eating and that shit will cause scar tissue in your throat. You then end up with Schatzki's ring and food will start getting stuck in your throat. That shit ****ing sucks. Silent reflux.. nobody likes it:xpl:

Yeah, I used Prisolec OTC for years. Every now and then, I get reflux. Usually after eating booze, ice cream or chocolate late at night. It's hell.

I don't get heartburn much but when I do I always drink a little vinegar. Then its gone within 2 minutes.

Isn't that funny? You wouldn't think vinegar would help indigestion, but it does work. Either that or a glass of water with baking soda stirred in.

QuickC5Z

Established Member
I used to have it before I cut fatty foods and red meat out of my diet. Now I can eat spicy foods with no problems.

Eating before you sleep is very unhealthy. When I would do that with my poor diet, I would get dreams of drowning with bad heartburn. I would wake up and literally jump out of bed in panic and run. After a few more instances like that I realized that what was happening was my stomach acid was reaching my throat and choking me in my sleep.

This hasn't happened since the change of my diet even if I go to sleep afrer eating, although I still try not to do that.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Isn't that funny? You wouldn't think vinegar would help indigestion, but it does work. Either that or a glass of water with baking soda stirred in.

Yea I thought it was dumb until I tried it. It has something to do with not having enough acid in your digestive system at that time, so every ounce of acid is trying to work extra hard to help digest food, then the vinegar helps to dissipate or "trick" you bodies acid into not working as hard.

That isn't real technical but it is the only way I have understood it to work.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I rarely get heartburn, but I am still relatively young so all I can do is hope it doesn't get worse as I get older. I can eat spicy and fatty foods just fine as long as I don't over stuff myself, and when I don't get a choice but to eat right before bed I make it a very small meal/snack.

I did start getting really bad heartburn recently though. I had started bringing a lot of oranges to work to snack on, like 3 a day. I was fine for a week or two and then all of a sudden I had bad heartburn every day I ate the oranges. I stopped eating them and the heartburn went away. It was weird, I had never had heartburn because of oranges before.

Users who are viewing this thread