Have any of you LEOs ever...

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I've had a few people (women) over the years bitch at me for not having my blinker on in a turn only lane. It's not like nobody knows I'm turning or something. :shrug:

Is it technically still a requirement wherever you are to have the blinker on even while in a turn only lane?

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Maybe the women aren't yelling about your blinker. Perhaps they were jilted lovers? :lol1:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
we didnt write petty tickets like that...we were told and i quote" the next son of a bitch that writes a ticket can pack your bags"

in a department of 450 officers.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
we didnt write petty tickets like that...we were told and i quote" the next son of a bitch that writes a ticket can pack your bags"

in a department of 450 officers.

Ha, why? What was wrong with writing tickets? Isn't that part of the job?

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Ha, why? What was wrong with writing tickets? Isn't that part of the job?

police dept sure. sheriff, not so much. its an elected office...back in the day we had a few officers that took the job way too serious...tickets are not a responsibility of the office of the sheriff anyway. its a good way to get yourself elected right out of office.

right after i started back in 94, i was working in the jail and the sheriff called a departmental meeting. it was very short.

he walks up to the mic...taps on it to make sure its working and says..."Gentlemen, the next son of a bitch that writes a ticket, can pack your bags"....end of meeting.

so...we did not enforce traffic violations unless it was extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread