Have a question about my 2000 gt

zbennett2000

So I'm just wondering what would be the next step performance wise on my car, so far I have 70mm BBK Throttle body, BBK longtube headers, Roushe cold air intake, h-pipe with duel flow masters. I believe that's it just want to get more power thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nxhappy

Established Member
It’s hard to push power out of the 4.6 2v. You already covered intake/exhaust/tune. You have 3 options at this point. From cheapest to most expensive: nitrous, supercharger, or turbo. This motor will handle about 400 whp safely. 450 being the most. That being said, I would either go with nitrous or a supercharger. I had both on my 00 GT. The nitrous is super fun because the torque hits hard. You can safely spray a 100 wet shot. Nitrous IS safe. You just have to set it up right, and use the proper precautions like WOT switch and window switch. You can buy the entire kit with everything you need for $1000 or less. It will be fun, and it will make you fall in love. Obviously the downfall is refilling the damn bottle. Other option is S/C or turbo. I would not go with a turbo, because your motor is not built. You can buy a Vortech kit used for about $2500. Of course you need intercooler, piping, fuel injectors, fuel pump, and supporting mods. You can safely run 10-12 pounds of boost. My GT had 430whp it was fun. Honestly if you are on a budget just get a NX kit and spray a 100 wet shot. That will satisfy you for sure. If you have $3000-5000, you can spring for the supercharger.

Shhhh

Established Member
Gears, built motor, or blower,

This. I had a 2000 GT with a Vortech V2 and just like NXHAPPY said nitrous will be a lot cheaper. It was a fun peppy car that made 410rwhp but I ended up selling it to fund my '03. 4v>2v.
I'd save money and look for a used Mach 1. Been there, done that, and if I had to do it all again I would have picked up a Mach before modding my 2v.

Clemson

Established Member
Gears are a no brainer. Then blower. Be careful though - the 2000 cars like to spit sparkplugs because there are not enough threads in the heads. Back when I had my 2000, I ultimately switched the windsor heads for Romeo's after I spit a plug twice.

Users who are viewing this thread