Hatchback or Notchback Fox Body Mustangs?

Hatchback Or Notchback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kruts101

Established Member

91 Hatch

Teal Terminator

Established Member
It's funny... when this thread started I thought it would be a land slide towards the Notch but it seems there are many that are die hard fans of both the LX and the GT hatch. I personally LOVE the clean look of a notch, don't really like LX hatches at all and would probably only buy a hatch in a Cobra form. To each their own though, that's what makes the world go round.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I'm a fan of The LX's I like both the Notch's and Hatch LX. I've owned 2 GT's so wanted something different.

This was how my Sunday was spent Yesterday......
fallwinter2009354.jpg

fallwinter2009355.jpg

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
hold old thread revival batman! :eek:

i like notches because they look like a badass muscle car. they kind of look like GNs imo, which look badass. :burnout:

hatches look great too, just in a little bit of a different way. :thumbsup:

The Mongoose

Established Member
hold old thread revival batman! :eek:

i like notches because they look like a badass muscle car. they kind of look like GNs imo, which look badass. :burnout:

hatches look great too, just in a little bit of a different way. :thumbsup:

Guess that proves I can use the search button, huh?

I agree with what you said about Notches. Some nice TF wheels would make either look even better :beer:

Spawnamus

Established Member
I've owned both a gt and a coupe, the coupe was my favorite by far. I'm on the hunt for one now but man they are getting hard to find in good shape.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Had her since I was 16. Nothing beats a notchback!

25036_10151170899531274_648376625_n.jpg

Got the suspension upgrades done, and now a tune here in a couple weeks. Then I have AC going back in the car. Then I will finally be able to 100% enjoy her again.

Eddie Z

Established Member
I love both body styles. I grew up in the era where the Foxbodies were the craze. But if you made me pick one, then I would say I'm more partial to the notchback. And it's not because I suddenly jumped on the notchback "bandwagon", for me it's sentimental reasons. I was 9 years old when my dad bought his brand new 1989 Mustang coupe 5.0 5-speed. I remember it like it was yesterday, my dad REALLY wanted that red Saleen in the showroom floor for $25K, and so did I. :lol: After my mom slapped him back into reality, we drove off that night from Sun State Ford in our new scarlet red notchback. And for me, that night was the beginning to my obsession of Mustangs. We had that car for almost 20 years, and sadly my dad had to sell it in 2007 due to health issues. In 2010, I bought a 1991 GT to bring back the memories of my dad's long lost coupe, and while it helped for a few months, it just wasn't the same. In July of this year, I got determined to find my dad's old coupe, but no luck. So instead, I bought a 1990 LX 2 weeks ago. My dad and I are very happy once again. :rolling:

My 91 GT

IMG_0373.jpg

The latest addition, my 90 LX

2012-12-22_13-08-35_825.jpg

2012-12-22_13-44-10_659.jpg

2012-12-22_13-44-32_268.jpg

Spawnamus

Established Member
I love both body styles. I grew up in the era where the Foxbodies were the craze. But if you made me pick one, then I would say I'm more partial to the notchback. And it's not because I suddenly jumped on the notchback "bandwagon", for me it's sentimental reasons. I was 9 years old when my dad bought his brand new 1989 Mustang coupe 5.0 5-speed. I remember it like it was yesterday, my dad REALLY wanted that red Saleen in the showroom floor for $25K, and so did I. :lol: After my mom slapped him back into reality, we drove off that night from Sun State Ford in our new scarlet red notchback. And for me, that night was the beginning to my obsession of Mustangs. We had that car for almost 20 years, and sadly my dad had to sell it in 2007 due to health issues. In 2010, I bought a 1991 GT to bring back the memories of my dad's long lost coupe, and while it helped for a few months, it just wasn't the same. In July of this year, I got determined to find my dad's old coupe, but no luck. So instead, I bought a 1990 LX 2 weeks ago. My dad and I are very happy once again. :rolling:

My 91 GT

IMG_0373.jpg

The latest addition, my 90 LX

2012-12-22_13-08-35_825.jpg

2012-12-22_13-44-10_659.jpg

2012-12-22_13-44-32_268.jpg

Wow! Very nice cars. I would be proud of either. It's crazy how much a car can bring people together. I have long loved mustangs and my wife never really understood, soooo we bought a 2011 V6 for her... Pretty sure it's made our marriage better and we are closer now than ever. Not that we didn't have a great marriage befor, just now she understands. Just the other day she asked if she could beat our neighbors SS camaro, told her we could with a procharger... She then tells me crap we should of got a 5.0. Sorry for the rant but I really love these cars.

Eddie Z

Established Member
Wow! Very nice cars. I would be proud of either. It's crazy how much a car can bring people together. I have long loved mustangs and my wife never really understood, soooo we bought a 2011 V6 for her... Pretty sure it's made our marriage better and we are closer now than ever. Not that we didn't have a great marriage befor, just now she understands. Just the other day she asked if she could beat our neighbors SS camaro, told her we could with a procharger... She then tells me crap we should of got a 5.0. Sorry for the rant but I really love these cars.

Thank you!! I totally agree with you. When I met my wife, she wasn't into the car thing at all as well. When I picked up my coupe, she REALLY liked how clean and shiney it was. She likes it alot more than my GT for that reason. Now she wants to learn how to drive a manual car so she can go out and have fun in it....still thinking that one over. :lol:

Spawnamus

Established Member
Sounds like you've got your self a good wife, it really takes one if your in this hobby(takes two incomes, unless your finacial blessed). I acccually taught my wife... but I had a stage 3 spec clutch and aluminum flywheel, needless to say I needed new tires afterwards. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread