has this ever been done on a sn95 (94-98)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbosnake281

Established Member
im getting new wheels, this is for a 1998 gt.

i want to run a 18x10 on all fours, front offset of +25mm and rear of +12mm is this possible?

by any means i do not want the sunken in look at all front or back, also looking at a set 18x9.5 12mm 18x10.5 15mm but this is way more expensive so i would rather go with 18x10 on all 4's

anyone know how much distance is between the hub and fender front and back?
i am currently in a wheelchair and cannot measure myself, tx

Planter

Banned
lol. you can't run 18x10.5's on the front. the tires and wheels are too wide and won't allow you to make left or right hand turns without some serious rubbing and possible damage to your front steering components.

get 18x9's up front, 18x10.5's on the back, it'll look great.

tistan

Established Member
I've seen a mustang with 10.5" wheels on the front. He had a Griggs SLA front suspension. He didn't have an inner fender, and he had done some work to the wheel opening to make it work.

Turbosnake281

Established Member
lol. you can't run 18x10.5's on the front. the tires and wheels are too wide and won't allow you to make left or right hand turns without some serious rubbing and possible damage to your front steering components.

you would be supprised, i know of two 04 cobras running this setup with no modifications, they are running 18x10 font and back with +25 offset, they use spacers to bring the rims out some in the rear, i was just planning on going with +12 offset in the rear to accomplish this.

i just really want to know how this would pan out on a sn95 (1994-1998) as i think there was some space differences between the irs and sra but am not 100% sure.

wheels in question are, awaiting flameage, XXR 18X10 ON ALL FOURS F+25 R+12,,, SECOND CHOICE WOULD BE VARRSTOEN 1.1.1 18X9.5 18X10.5 12 AND 15MM OFFSET but would rather go the cheaper route with xxrs

keep in mind this is for a 1998 gt daily beater as i would never do this to my cobra

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
The front would be the only issue, and the front between the SN95s and 03/04s are either the same or very damn close to the same. The IRS has no bearing on what you do to the front of the car.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
my buddy ran 17x10's all all fours with stock suspension.. It was a 00 GT. He didn't run all the huge of tire of front but it will work iirc.

96project

Established Member
What would be the benefit of doing that? More traction in autocross? The price difference between buying the 18 by 9.5 verses the 10.5" would probably be better than buying the tires to fit the 10.5" up front.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, usually it would be done for road racing/autocross use. OP, just curious what your reason is for wanting to do this. Racing? You just want a wider look up front? Or do you just want the same tire width on all 4 corners?

Turbosnake281

Established Member
The front would be the only issue, and the front between the SN95s and 03/04s are either the same or very damn close to the same. The IRS has no bearing on what you do to the front of the car.

i would assume that they were close in same but would like some proof before i pull the trigger. as far as what i was implying about the IRS is that i think i heard it was more narrow than the SRA. the reason i was concerned about this is the guy that ran 18x10 +25 on all fours on his 04 cobra used a 1/2 inch spacer on the rear to bring the wheels out some (for looks obviously), but the thing is xxr now are also available with a +12 offset which would be perfect, but in the case that the IRS is more narrow i would run the +25.

Turbosnake281

Established Member

where did you see that i said 10.5's on the front?

Turbosnake281

Established Member
What would be the benefit of doing that? More traction in autocross? The price difference between buying the 18 by 9.5 verses the 10.5" would probably be better than buying the tires to fit the 10.5" up front.

it would simply be the price difference, it would save me 400 bucks, and when it comes to buying cheap reps i would like to keep it cheap, like i said this is for my gt, i have so much money in mods on my cobra that i dont care about the gt. i just cant stomach buying wheels from American muscle, even though its almost an unbeatable option when staying cheap, i just cant stand having the same thing as everyone else, not saying their wheels dont look good! plus i like the look step lips and mesh bbs's, never seen them on a sn95 though.

o and last, again its 18X10 ( damn that first poster!! lol , im not completely retarded)

Turbosnake281

Established Member
Yeah, usually it would be done for road racing/autocross use. OP, just curious what your reason is for wanting to do this. Racing? You just want a wider look up front? Or do you just want the same tire width on all 4 corners?

price of wheels and looks, they have a 8.5 inch but it looks like shit and has no lip. as for the tires (keep the flaming to a minimum lol) front: 245or265/35or40/18 back: 265or275/35or40/18 bfgforce's,, haven't fully decided. any input good or bad welcomed here guy's!

96project

Established Member
it would simply be the price difference, it would save me 400 bucks, and when it comes to buying cheap reps i would like to keep it cheap, like i said this is for my gt, i have so much money in mods on my cobra that i dont care about the gt. i just cant stomach buying wheels from American muscle, even though its almost an unbeatable option when staying cheap, i just cant stand having the same thing as everyone else, not saying their wheels dont look good! plus i like the look step lips and mesh bbs's, never seen them on a sn95 though.

o and last, again its 18X10 ( damn that first poster!! lol , im not completely retarded)

Yeah, I hear ya.. Bullits and Saleen wheels look good, but if you want to be alittle different then those are definatly not the wheels you want. What wheels are you looking at? Just courious. I ordered my street wheels from American Muscle.. got the y2k cobra r's. The only bad thing is they only come in 18x9's so I'm stuck with the 275 width tire max. Kinda sucks... You could also check out oewheels.com I believe they have some mesh style rims for pretty cheap also. good luck :beer:

big dad

Established Member
For the record... a 99 to 04 Mustang is still considered an SN-95. However, they are called "New Edge" because of their design.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
For the record... a 99 to 04 Mustang is still considered an SN-95. However, they are called "New Edge" because of their design.

yup. wasn't until the D2C that they finally put the fox chassis out to pasture.

Turbosnake281

Established Member

i am very well aware of this, i thought i had made it clear enough for you to understand what i was trying to refer to. i know by my post count that you would assume that i am a noob but i have stocked this forum for years and currently have to mustangs and have turned wrenchs for hours on these cars from putting air in my tires to engine swaps in my driveway, i have about 20k in mods in my cobra, so give me just a little bit of respect here. sorry if you didn't mean it like that but this comment feels like you're tying to skool me or sumpthin lol, dont be a troll. im sure you're well aware that on this forum when people say an sn95 then are usually referring to a 94-98 body style.

but hey im the guy saying that i want to put some cheap ass mesh 10 in wheels on the front of my gt and i know very well how that stuff flys on SVTP.

sorry for sounding like an asshat :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread