Has NOS came out with the new Nitrous kits for our 2001 yet?

Mikie2001GT

The Ghost with the Most !
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has heard if there has been any news of the release of the kit that will fit the 99 - 01 4.6 mod motor.
I know with the fueless return set-up you cant go with the conventional Dry shot.
Im not sure I would spray my new stang , but if anyone has any updates or info I would appreciate it.
Thanks

------------------
2001 Oxford White GT.
Mods...K&N , Flows custom dumped.
No track times yet.
Stock weight 3,240 lbs.

L

Latham99

From what I understand, no company has released a dry kit for the 99+ Mustangs yet. NOS is currently working on a dry kit #5116 Stage I&II, but they haven't released yet.

Personally, I would be extremely hesitant to go with a wet kit considering the 99+GT's have a nice plastic intake to blow up..

A local company here in SC retrofitted several NOS #5115 kits on 99+ GT's and Cobras, the exceptions were a dynotune, and a different nozzle.

------------------
1999 Chrome Yellow GT 5 spd

251.7 rwHP 287.2ftLbs
[email protected] 1.98 60ft
Latham99's GT Site

Mikie2001GT

Established Member
Well now its been a while since I posted this thread and Nitrous Works and NX both make a wet system for the GTs now.
I just purchased my Works wet kit and it hits you like a jet fighter flew into your ass.
I will post times next week , if anyone is interested in spraying the mod motor let me know and I will help any way I can.

;)

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I can't see how a dry shot would work on the 99 & up Stangs with the returnless fuel system & plastic lower intakes. Sounds like a disastrous combination. :shocked:

Mike you got it ready for Thursday?!?!!? We got a ZR1 (Monroe) that is gonna get the train run on his ass! You in?

Mikie2001GT

Established Member
Woo Woo............................................................................
......................................................chug a chug chug the nitrous boiler is full and ready to roll.
:D

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
/Mental note

Must put Mike's car in the air and swap my slicks on there for him next time at track!

I anticipate mid 7's IF you use slicks. The car has not come close to it's full potential yet. Remember I only run 8.30'- 8.40's on street tires! We both know what the slicks have done for me.

Mikie2001GT

Established Member
10/4 bud ;)

I will definately be ready next time with all my ducks and slicks in a row.
Thanks again for the future use of the slicks :D

Users who are viewing this thread