Has anyone tried this exhaust setup yet?!

Chris01Bullitt

Established Member
I was thinking about getting dynomax cat-back with the bullet style mufflers and I was gonna go offroad x for my 07 GT. Has anyone put these on an S197 or heard it?! Would it be too loud or too raspy? And how much power could I expect to gain off of this setup, 10rwhp?

:beer:

upl8dave

Established Member
I talked to a guy from ford motorsports and he told me that the stock exhaust of your car would accommodate the motor from a Shelby Cobra and not lose any horsepower. In other words, you probably won't gain much if any horsepower from exhaust changes. He says the stock is very free flowing. As far as sound goes, I bought the Roush Extreme exhaust and love it. Aggressive under heavy throttle and tame otherwise, with no drone. Also, no mufflers to look at from behind. Go listen to a Roush Mustang.

killr3v

Extreme Member
Established Member
Should sound pretty close to the roush extreme bro. Most bullet style mufflers sound pretty close.

Chris01Bullitt

Established Member
I talked to a guy from ford motorsports and he told me that the stock exhaust of your car would accommodate the motor from a Shelby Cobra and not lose any horsepower. In other words, you probably won't gain much if any horsepower from exhaust changes. He says the stock is very free flowing. As far as sound goes, I bought the Roush Extreme exhaust and love it. Aggressive under heavy throttle and tame otherwise, with no drone. Also, no mufflers to look at from behind. Go listen to a Roush Mustang.

Yes I have heard the Roush extreme catback and I like the sound a lot. I think I may just go with that. Thanks for your input!

MANAF

Established Member
i have hooker Lt's , OR X pipe , borla stingers (bullets)

sound is loud with beautiful tune no rumbling

GrnBullitt08

Established Member
I'm currently running the Dynomax 3" catback on mine. Sounds awesome.

DSC01096.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread