Has anyone tried Lubrication Engineers

Morgan

Established Member
They’re popular with powerstroke guys. I’ve used their dry film spray, moly grease and lubricity fuel additive- all good experiences.
Check around powerstrokearmy.com and you’ll find plenty of information.
I can give you Jim K’s number to order- his service is top tier and I haven’t known anyone with more knowledge about oils.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I haven't used it. My current favorite oil is Amsoil AME. I'm close to buying that stuff by the drum and running it in everything I own.

omj

Established Member
Yes. That stuff is awesome. Probably one of the best oils made.
Interesting. What makes it so good vs. all the other quality oils Amsoil makes? What's the lowest temp it would be safe to be used at?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Interesting. What makes it so good vs. all the other quality oils Amsoil makes? What's the lowest temp it would be safe to be used at?

It has a crazy high TBN and is formulated for pre-emissions engines. That means it is made with an additive pack that contains a lot of stuff you won't find in modern oils.

omj

Established Member
It has a crazy high TBN and is formulated for pre-emissions engines. That means it is made with an additive pack that contains a lot of stuff you won't find in modern oils.
Is it safe for cats? What's the lowest temp it would be safe to be used at?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

Run the AME in my Ram Cummins that I use exclusively for hauling a gooseneck. I do have an additional 2 micron Amsoil bypass filter installed, which adds 2 qts of capacity. Currently at 32K miles on this oil change, and the TBN is still over 7.

Unbelievable stuff IMO

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Run the AME in my Ram Cummins that I use exclusively for hauling a gooseneck. I do have an additional 2 micron Amsoil bypass filter installed, which adds 2 qts of capacity. Currently at 32K miles on this oil change, and the TBN is still over 7.

Unbelievable stuff IMO

Yeah, it's silly good.

Users who are viewing this thread