Has anyone put on a 3 inch cowl hood on a terminator?

Banshee06

Established Member
Was this for looks or did it help on engine cooling or just engine supercharger clearance?

GodStang

Established Member
Not sure if this counts:

barney I smaller.jpg

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I think they look "ok" and are not anywhere near out of place.....but don't ever sell the factory hood, even if you're running a big blower that requires a cowl. These terminator hoods are one of the best looking hoods ford ever dreamed up.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya but when you have a big ass blower sometimes you don't have a choice...

I’d massage a 00 R hood before a cowl. Or just tastefully mod a stock hood. Cowls destroy the lines of a new edge.

GodStang

Established Member
I think they look "ok" and are not anywhere near out of place.....but don't ever sell the factory hood, even if you're running a big blower that requires a cowl. These terminator hoods are one of the best looking hoods ford ever dreamed up.

I still have mine. Tried for weeks to use the stock hood. It was a no go.

I’d massage a 00 R hood before a cowl. Or just tastefully mod a stock hood. Cowls destroy the lines of a new edge.

My blower sticks 3" over the stock hood. Would have had to massively cut the stock hood. Like a huge off center hole. I don't feel my 95 Cobra R style Cervni messed up the lines that much but to each his own.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
First picture is a 3inch trufiber hood.

The second one I'm not sure. It was a car I was looking at buying over the summer.

It looks great but I think it might be a 4inch
6394b4a7406d2ccd2055e6a9296f6776.jpg
012616a09b507889c8fb53f207f292d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cbehr

Established Member
That second picture the cowl looks massive!! Probably just the angle....

Banshee06

Established Member
I have one coming in Carbon Fiber if I dont like it I am going to try to get them to make a stock hood out of Carbon Fiber.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I have one coming in Carbon Fiber if I dont like it I am going to try to get them to make a stock hood out of Carbon Fiber.

Please link up the details on your new hood. Very interested how you like the fit and finish. Been following because I have a mammoth installed. I want at least a 3 cowl in CF.

Users who are viewing this thread