Has anyone patched an in-line fuel filter into a factory fuel system?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
My fuel system consists of ID1000 injectors, a 13'-14' Shelby hat, twin 465 pumps, stock feed line, return line and no filtration other than filter in the hat (50 micron). We installed this last November with the plan for me to convert to E85 this spring. At PRI, Injector Dynamics informed me that I need 10 micron filtration. So I found a filter option by Fuelab.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fue-82831-1/overview/

I emailed all of my information to Fuelab to confirm that it wouldn't be a flow restriction and all is well.

So I bought the filter and it's looking like we are going to patch it into the stock line along the frame rail via some 45* fittings. The filter itself will be mounted up against the frame rail with the included insulated mounting loops.

Call me paranoid, but I wanted extra filtration anyway based off of prior experience with E85.

I'll post pictures as soon as it plumbed up. Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Last edited:

Joshdavis1

Your post scared me a bit at first. Usually ID and FIC will suggest our 6 micron filter element as the 10 micron element is not compatible with E85. However, your link shows the 6 micron micro-fiberglass element so you should be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread