Has anyone installed the S1 Sequential Shifter in a Cobra?

bogdi1988

Established Member
Yes the parts made to the US in good time then UPS lost it for a week here trying to ship to Seattle.
They received it last night ( the shift sensor was bad so they sent me a new ).
So hopefully they can finish the install, It looks like the console should fit just fine.
They came up with a cool place to install the shift indicator.
I got to see your car today! Shifter looks good! ;)

Banshee06

Established Member
Epct49nFNnc

Banshee06

Established Member
More install Pictures

Attachments

• Resized_20200721_115458_9751_resize_9.jpg
    Resized_20200721_115458_9751_resize_9.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Resized_20200721_114841_2886_resize_15.jpg
    Resized_20200721_114841_2886_resize_15.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 330

Banshee06

Established Member
I wish my car has been at the shop in Seattle since June 6th I am hoping I will get it back in October. I miss driving the Cobra.

coposrv

Established Member
Love to hear a review. I still think the mechanics of it are a little clunky but cool idea.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I wish my car has been at the shop in Seattle since June 6th I am hoping I will get it back in October. I miss driving the Cobra.

I feel your pain. Sent my car out since I didn't have time to get it done when I wanted it. Would have had it done months ago.

"We're scheduled a month out" well you've had mine for months so stop scheduling new shit and fix the problems that popped up AFTER you worked on it. Drove it in, can't drive it out. Probably a good shop bashing thread coming soon. #endrant

Anyway excited to see someone actually doing this. Been curious for years how itd work in the real world.

Last edited:

Banshee06

Established Member
Yep the shifter they got done in about a month and a half
, then then other cars to work on, then vacations now working on why my cobra engine gets hot when the temperature gets into the 90's it being doing that ever since I got the remanufactured engine put in 6 years ago. Everything in the cooling system has been replaced at least twice and I have probably spent over $6,000 on this problem and had it to 8 different shops in that six years. So I am hoping they can figure it out and it's going to cost me at least 12000 more by the time they are done. They dud find out that one of the shops when they replaced my stock radiator when the 2nd radiator with a Fluidyne removed the radiator air deflectors so hopefully finding those and replacing them will help and a new Nacar6type radiator.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Yep the shifter they got done in about a month and a half
, then then other cars to work on, then vacations now working on why my cobra engine gets hot when the temperature gets into the 90's it being doing that ever since I got the remanufactured engine put in 6 years ago. Everything in the cooling system has been replaced at least twice and I have probably spent over $6,000 on this problem and had it to 8 different shops in that six years. So I am hoping they can figure it out and it's going to cost me at least 12000 more by the time they are done. They dud find out that one of the shops when they replaced my stock radiator when the 2nd radiator with a Fluidyne removed the radiator air deflectors so hopefully finding those and replacing them will help and a new Nacar6type radiator.
Have you tried running without a T-Stat?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Any updates on this?
Very interested in reviews, especially would like to see how fast you can go through the gears with it. I’m considering it to put in a Shelby GT350 when I get one.
Thanks
Ken

Banshee06

Established Member
Still waiting for the shop to finish the dyno tune and a few other things. And weather to improve so I dive to Washington and go get it.

Users who are viewing this thread