Has anyone installed 3.27 or higher rear end gears??

SVTyballz

Established Member
And if you have, did it help traction?? With 500 ft/lbs or so on tap, I was wondering if that might help control wheel spin. Just a thought.

gary

03DOHC

Established Member
You have a dyno sheet I can input? I need the curve rather than the peak #'s and I'll run it through a program I have.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Anything less than 3.55s might space out the ratios a little too far for most drivers. The '03 has a huge torque band but wide ratios will errode the fun factor.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
To much gear can hurt you since with every shift theres an associated waste of time while your shifting. If you shift like bob cosby you would do well with more gear, but then again, most people like their trans more than bob likes his.

03DOHC

Established Member
I've profiled a few of the dyno results from guys that have posted their's here. Some combos actually show a benefit from moving to either a 3.23-3.27 gear or to a 29"ish tire. This is a only a simulation of course.

FWIW, myself and ONLY one other guy here said haveight's mph and ET was possible with his posted dyno results. EVERYONE else said it was impossible. So far this program has proven to be interesting.

Last edited:

cobra 829

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
And if you have, did it help traction?? With 500 ft/lbs or so on tap, I was wondering if that might help control wheel spin. Just a thought.

gary
i put a solid axle in with a 327 gear have not ran at track car for some reson seem faster until i get to the track i really dont know car smoke tires from 40 mph roll got to wait till next year snow on ground also got 315/40/17 nittos on car

Last edited:

sqidd

Established Member
COBRA 829

Give me a call at work today, I want to ask you some stuff about your car. You know the #.

sqidd

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
IceBourg or anyone else,

Did you get a line on the Ford 3.90 gears yet?
I have asked a lot of people, but no one knows anything for sure.
I am very reluctant to use anything but the FRP gears.

IceBourg:
What were your calculations regarding the 1/4 mile with the 3.90 gears. I can't find mine.
Let me know.
Dana

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Cobra 829, Did I miss something or are you the first guy to go to a live real axle in an 03? Or are we talking about another car?

cobra 829

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
Cobra 829, Did I miss something or are you the first guy to go to a live real axle in an 03? Or are we talking about another car?
its an 03 frord would not cover irs the sevice manger came up with that i had to soft of tires by finding rubber under neath the car. so 2000.00 to fix irs so i put in a live axle i street race the car. i busted the irs in half the diff

cobra 829

Established Member
Originally posted by lotsafastrides
when mine breaks i will do the same, how much $$ do you have in your setup and what gears are you running?
i got a 327 but will change to a 373 about 3000.00 AFTER UPPER IN LOWER NEW SPRINGS EXHUST

Users who are viewing this thread