Has anyone gone the route on a supercharged mach of a straight through MAF

Ted B

Established Member
So my Mafia fried, and took the maf with it apparently. So i'm looking for anyone who has gone from that sorta setup on a procharger...vortech or anything that would still use the stock maf and use a range extender or multiplyer device of some kind.

I want to go with a single MAF unit that is capable of 600ish HP, and I know its prob going to be a blow through MAF, and its best to relocate it as close to the TB as possible. All that being said parts plus labor, and tune to mod the current supercharger tubing what have you guys seen around for doing such a mod. I have had a decent shop say around 1000$ plus i supply the parts (MAF)

He also suggested I go with a 90mm Lightning MAF since it would be cheaper and be able to hold up to my target HP range.

Thanks.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Best is to do the Hpx slot style maf, plug and play wire harness, and weld on a slot style maf flange. Procharger kits already come setup for blow thru so there is no need to change anything else. Here is an example, but this is not a plug and play harness. On 3 Performance 05+ Slot Style HPX Maf Kit | On3Performance. This has the plug and play harness and comes in a 3" tube already if you didn't want to do any welding of a flange. PMAS Mustang 3" Blow-Thru HPX MAF & Wiring Adapter (96-04). You can most likely do this yourself and then just pay for the tune. Hardest part would be figuring out how you want the space of your old maf filled. Adding a piece of tubing with couplers, not the best option, or removing the piping and having a piece added and welded. FYI, a 90 mm lightning maf does not have a built in Iat so you would have to tap the piping for a threaded lightning Iat and get the pigtail to wire it into the maf harness. Also, a 90 mm maf alone in a blow thru setup without using a mafia extender will be done before 450rwhp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread