Harmful - Offroad xpipe without tune?

austin101385

Established Member
I know it will throw a code if you run an off road pipe without a tune. But my question is, will it cause any harm if ran without a tune for a little while until I have time to get the Dyno tune? I can clear the code with torque pro app, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't harm the car.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
It shouldn't harm anything but the car wont benefit from the o/r pipe unless its adjusted in the tune. It will dump fuel to cool the cats that aren't there. Rear O2's and cots need to be turned off to get the power out of it.

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
It shouldn't harm anything but the car wont benefit from the o/r pipe unless its adjusted in the tune. It will dump fuel to cool the cats that aren't there. Rear O2's and cots need to be turned off to get the power out of it.

Wait till you can do the dyno tune to install it. Its a wast!
By the way you dont need to dyno tune it just for the O/R X.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I know it will throw a code if you run an off road pipe without a tune. But my question is, will it cause any harm if ran without a tune for a little while until I have time to get the Dyno tune? I can clear the code with torque pro app, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't harm the car.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to simply buy a tune/tuner, load it and be done? The VAST majority of what we do, Lund does, or anyone else is not on a dyno. Cheaper, more time efficient and no goofy lights nor cat inefficiency codes.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Wait till you can do the dyno tune to install it. Its a wast!
By the way you dont need to dyno tune it just for the O/R X.

I didn't say anything about a dyno tune but a new tune will need to be uploaded to benefit from the o/r pipe or he might as well wait to put it on.

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Sorry quoted the wrong post nightride ment to quote Austin.
Austin don't waste your time on installing the X pipe till you can do it right.

"

Last edited:

austin101385

Established Member
The reason I'm putting it on is for sound, not power. That's why I was asking if it would cause any harm. My tuner is busy and it may be a week or so until I can get him to correct my tune. I'm very impatient and wanted to put it on but didn't wa t to harm anything.

Users who are viewing this thread