Harley Davidsons supercharged?

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Most years are, IIRC the first was NA. Then they put detuned Lightning engines in them. 340 hp.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The 2002 and 2003 HD's were supercharged. They were also supercrews.
The new HD's are F250's and not supercharged.

TXRickC

Established Member
2000- All Black, 5.4 N/A Ext. Cab
2001- All Black, 5.4 N/A Crew Cab
2002- Black or DS Gray, 5.4 S/C Crew Cab
2003- Black or Tu-tone, 5.4 S/C Crew Cab
2004- Changed to SuperDutys......

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
they are 360 and 6# of boost IIRC.
EvergreenSVT said:
Most years are, IIRC the first was NA. Then they put detuned Lightning engines in them. 340 hp.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
360 was the original Lightning engine. 340 is the HD. They use the same lower pulley as a Lightning, but the upper pulley is different.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I stand corrected, I could have sworn I saw somewhere the HDs were the 360. :shrug: oh well...:read:

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I own a 2003 HD F-150. It is 340 hp stock. But it is from the same engine that makes 380 in a Lightning, so as you can guess, it's pretty easy to get more power out of them.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Very nice numbers Hawk. I always figured you could squeeze them out of the HD's, but never seen it done. Theres only a handfull out here, and none will ever play.

slingshot

Established Member
sLOWDOHC said:
Very nice numbers Hawk. I always figured you could squeeze them out of the HD's, but never seen it done. Theres only a handfull out here, and none will ever play.
You can sueeze a little more out of them. Come around here... we play. :burnout: My '02 HD made 403 rwhp SAE on a Dynojet with just an 8 lb lower pulley, K&N filter, modded factory airbox, JLP tuned diablo chip and a Magnaflow catback. It also ran a 13.36 @ 103 on 20" radials full weight with bed cover/spare/etc--5400+ lbs.

Now I have a built motor. With a 3" KB pulley, headers/high flow cats that are going on next week and a set of 16" ET Streets--I'm shooting for mid to high 11's... I drive it 40 miles to/from work every day, idles like a stocker, runs great. This week has hauled kid's bikes, 4 wheelers, Christmas presents, trash, washer and drier, shop equipment, etc, etc. If I could just do something about the 11-13 mpg it truly would be the perfect vehicle. Love this truck!

Last edited:

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Believe me, I'd love to 'squeeze a little more" out of it, but alas, it actually belongs to my wife, and she won't let me touch it. Especially after seeing all the squeezing that I've done to my cobra, in the interest of more power.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
sLOWDOHC said:

I love taking it out around town to embarass little fart can rice rockets. I even whooped on a couple of Mustang GT's with it. It's great because nobody ever expect's it from a big supercrew pickup.

Users who are viewing this thread