Hard Drives

darkhorse276

Established Member
Ok so I've officially used all the hard drive space on my laptop and I'm going to buy an external hard drive. I was wondering if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with any certain brands. Appreciate any insight you guys might have. Thanks.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I bought a little Western Digital 320gb USB portable drive, needs no external power supply. It works great. Hint: it comes formatted FAT32; reformat NTFS before transferring your files for improved capacity and speed.

WHiTE03MACh

Camel Lover
Established Member
I have 2 SimpleTechs, I really liked the 120gig that just plugs into laptop, no external powersource. Relatively inexpensive. I also have a 320gig that requires external power source, only cost me about $100... or you could just get a bigger internal for your laptop?

jmk97GT

Established Member
I have two 250gb western digitals...$100 a pop and they're really small, around the size of a wallet.

svts4shawn

Banned
i would buy a new internal hard drive at least 180gb 7200rpm and then use the one you fllled up as an external drive...

thats what i did about a month ago... bought it from zipzoomfly very good prices i think it was Toshiba

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Ok so I've officially used all the hard drive space on my laptop and I'm going to buy an external hard drive. I was wondering if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with any certain brands. Appreciate any insight you guys might have. Thanks.

save your money on name brand ones, I got 2 Fantom Drive 500gb hard drives for 100$ each. And they rock! Im currently working on a 6TB external enclosure :beer:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I just threw a 160GB Seagate in my laptop, and im VERY happy with it.

newegg.com has good deals on HDs.

Last edited:

darkhorse276

Established Member
Yeah so I ended up getting one of the little Western Digital 250gb ones for $105. I wanted a small one size wise, and it was only ten bucks more than all the 160gb ones.

^^Yup, got it from newegg

Users who are viewing this thread