Happy Easter.... Pay it forward

BlackOutUT

Established Member
First off, happy Easter everyone! Hope everyone has a great day with family regardless of your religious beliefs.

But I really wanted to post up an experience I had yesterday. Yesterday I was grabbing a quick snack at raising canes (delicious) before I headed to meet up with my family for church. We went yesterday so my 94 year old grandparents could go without the crazy Easter rush. Anyway, I pull up to pay and the cashier says the lady in front of me picked up my bill and said to have a happy Easter.

Now I'm not one to get emotional or anything, but it really hit home for me. I was shocked and honestly I was having a crap day and it really made me happy. I realized there are still good people out there and more importantly, you never know what affect a small act of kindness can have on someone. I was having your average crappy day. But it got me thinking. I could have very well been someone that was having a really really bad day. Maybe even thinking about making it their last day or doing something crazy. As corny as that sounds, you really never know.

Needless to say the employees there all got really excited when I did the same for the car behind me. Hopefully the train kept rolling for awhile. I honestly didn't know what else to do but pay it forward. The coolest thing about the experience was that the lady was completely gone. She didn't wait around for a wave or anything. She did it for the actual act of doing and nothing more. I made a pledge yesterday to do this at least once a month if funds permit.

So next time your thinking about doing something nice for a random person, just do it. You never know what it might mean to them. I'm sure going to try to more often.

Zemedici

Established Member
Happens starbucks lines all the time. Really a small gesture that can go a long way with someone

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Happy Easter!
WLwM9SA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread