Happy camper after changing out trans fluid

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
I was getting a wierd whine from my T56. Shifted decently fine and performed great still but at a certain speed it would just suddently start whining. ****ing annoying. Went ahead and picked up 4 bottles of Vavoline Mercon III at Walmart and went to town. Didnt really expect much but shifting feels even smoother than before and the whine is completely gone (well, now its just regular T56 racket that you hear, heh). No idea what the story was on the noise before but whatever it was, its gone now. I couldnt be any happier, cause it was not only annoying, but embarrassing when you have passengers asking "whats that noise?" and your best answer is "eh...it does that....." :nonono:

:beer:

anyone else with a T56 swap (or factory if you have a Terminator obviously) get a really high pitched sound come out of your trans suddently at a certain high speed??

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
If you cant use the factory correct trans fluid, there are problems you are simply masking. Well, thats what bob hanlon told me.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Everyone I have been in with a short throw transfer that noise.

omj

Established Member
What fluid were you using before the Valvoline?

I was getting a wierd whine from my T56. Shifted decently fine and performed great still but at a certain speed it would just suddently start whining. ****ing annoying. Went ahead and picked up 4 bottles of Vavoline Mercon III at Walmart and went to town. Didnt really expect much but shifting feels even smoother than before and the whine is completely gone (well, now its just regular T56 racket that you hear, heh). No idea what the story was on the noise before but whatever it was, its gone now. I couldnt be any happier, cause it was not only annoying, but embarrassing when you have passengers asking "whats that noise?" and your best answer is "eh...it does that....." :nonono:

:beer:

anyone else with a T56 swap (or factory if you have a Terminator obviously) get a really high pitched sound come out of your trans suddently at a certain high speed??

Users who are viewing this thread