Hang in there Texas

Morgan

Established Member
0F0490E8-61C0-4B43-82F4-EBF1712AD031.jpeg

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Hang in there Texas folks. Even if you did everything to prepare for this, sounds like things would still be rough. Hopefully warmer weather is around the corner.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Interesting week. I lost power for about 24 hours and water for about 2 days total. Currently everything is up but on a boil water notice obviously. Looks like there's plenty of gas. Stores are pretty empty but that should change soon now that the worst of the weather has passed. Definitely going to be some changes coming and some heads rolling over the lack of preparedness among other things.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
U would think if a mayor is gonna put the whole town on blast he could at least typed without sounding like an illiterate moron who cant construct a proper sentence.

"DONT PART OF PROBLEM, BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION!!" What a ****ing idiot!

I was thinking they should stop paying local taxes all together. As the mayor says no one is getting hand outs. Whats yours is yours.

Blown 89

Established Member
I just saw some videos of burst pipes and water pouring into houses. You would have though someone would have told them to let their water run to avoid this?
They have never needed to even know that.

It's like tossing someone from Michigan into the desert and telling them to survive. I used to work at a resort at the base of a popular hiking mountain. There were a number of deaths every year (one died on our property a few years back) and people were airlifted off the mountain every week. They were all out of towners that didn't have enough water. Residents know how brutal 120* heat is but it's completely foreign to people out of state.

That's not to mention that things are built differently here. Our pipes aren't buried deep nor are they insulated, we don't have basement systems to buffer the cold, and houses aren't set up to deal with the cold. It's the same reason mild summer weather for the South West kills people on the East coast, things aren't built for it back there.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
We got lucky. Never lost power/water and had an ample supply of food. Biggest setback for us is that the wife missed an entire week of work. So going to dip into savings to offset that.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm surprised by the lack of coverage on what's truly going on around there. It's not good at all.
Welcome to 2021. If it ain’t anti Trump or pro China joe the media isn’t interested

john11gt

Established Member
They have never needed to even know that.

It's like tossing someone from Michigan into the desert and telling them to survive. I used to work at a resort at the base of a popular hiking mountain. There were a number of deaths every year (one died on our property a few years back) and people were airlifted off the mountain every week. They were all out of towners that didn't have enough water. Residents know how brutal 120* heat is but it's completely foreign to people out of state.

That's not to mention that things are built differently here. Our pipes aren't buried deep nor are they insulated, we don't have basement systems to buffer the cold, and houses aren't set up to deal with the cold. It's the same reason mild summer weather for the South West kills people on the East coast, things aren't built for it back there.

The weather people didn’t call for freezing temps? I feel like a quick,”hey let your water run” from the news might have been effective.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Quick service announcement.

If you have a break in your water pipe you should change that section out with PEX pipe, as it can freeze and thaw up to 30 times before deteriorating its integrity. Also look into Sharkbite connectors as they are the easiest connectors for unlike material pipe connections. Although expensive, it is the easiest DYI repair.

Every repair is different, hopefully this can help.

john11gt

Established Member
A lot of people in my neighborhood had broken water lines despite insulating pipes and letting the faucets drip.

There’s a difference between letting the water drip and letting the water run. I grew up in Illinois where we had winters with weeks of weather at 0 degrees and below, in a home without insulated pipes and our pipes never froze or burst.

helloWorld

Established Member
With the media playing the whole Cruz thing well and then praising aoc for the fundraiser and volunteering in Houston, get prepared for more Texans to vote that way.

Users who are viewing this thread