Han Solo Got a Shelby GT350

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Some new updates:

Through the relationships I have built with S550 Carbon / Carbon Cartel and ZL1 Addons I am able to bring some discount codes to the community. They are both good for 5% off your order.

ZL1 Addons 5% discount code: Hansologt350
S550 Carbon / Caron Cartel 5% discount code: CFCHS552

Been rolling the car around for about 1k miles since the transmission swap and hit the jackpot mileage. I also decided it was a good idea to buy some locking Gorilla lug nuts to keep the wheels on the car.

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

Things have been working perfectly with the new coolers. Transmission is way cooler in traffic and the car held up beautifully during its first autocross event. More details on that to follow. The @MGW shifter is also well broken in and feels great on the road. No increased NVH and its a pleasure during hard shifting. Here are also a few photographs from my last photoshoot that I edited. Waiting on a few from the autocross event.

Capital%20Shelby%201%20of%201_zpsw95vdek6.jpg

Capital%20Shelby%201%20of%201-5_zpswbmgencq.jpg

Capital%20Shelby%201%20of%201-2_zpsu9s1xf1a.jpg

Capital%20Shelby%201%20of%201-6_zpsyl72p3br.jpg

Capital%20Shelby%201%20of%201-3_zpswx4evqst.jpg

R1Lello

Established Member
Would not have done the bronze wheels myself and I really love your car - seriously do, it's properly done but that rear tire stretch bothers me - I believe you may have posted you'll be trying a wider tire??

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Would not have done the bronze wheels myself and I really love your car - seriously do, it's properly done but that rear tire stretch bothers me - I believe you may have posted you'll be trying a wider tire??
Thanks brother. The stretch is marginal, but I want a wider tire also. The 305 in the rear can handle the 11.5 inch rim, but I would prefer a 315 or 325. Once the factory rubber is up for replacement I will look to run a 305/315 tire combo. The difficulty now is finding a 35 series tire in a 19" diameter. For some reason nobody makes them, but I am holding out hope that the Michelin Pilot 4s will have one soon. The 30 series sidewall is just too small for my taste, especially since I plan to lower the car soon.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Well I finally got the Shelby out doing what it was meant to do... in a sense. How do I eloquently describe Autocross? To be direct it is a lot of four play, and a little bit of sex.

I ran with the SCCA Solo group for my region. 4 runs that lasted under 60 seconds a piece if you were doing it right. A good time, but a total tease compared to the 20 minute sessions you would get at a road course. That being said I had a BLAST. Had a great time with that group and met a lot of good people. Real laid back guys/gals out there just looking to have fun. I also loved seeing the different fields of cars. Everything from old school Datsun 510's to a new Viper GTS. If you have a chance to attend one I highly recommend it. I was lucky to have @straightliner1 attend and help me with tire pressures, photography, track tips, etc.

On the down side the autocross event really highlights how much this car is engineered for an open road course. The tall gearing and rev range are best suited for where the car can stretch it's legs. I found myself driving in 1st gear the entire run in order to get the best time. Just not enough room to get into 2nd gear, and if you did then the braking zone and downshift were coming so fast that you were just losing time. Not until now did I realize how much different a car setup for autocross and a road course could be.
Anyway enjoy these pics. The car ran great with no issues. Did everything I asked and never fought back. Even kept me from eating cones with the nannies on. Photos taken by @straightliner1 with some editing by me after.

Auto%20X%20GT350%201%20of%2010_zpsvo2zhq77.jpg

Auto%20X%20GT350%202%20of%2010_zpsmcvgo5pz.jpg

Auto%20X%20GT350%203%20of%2010_zpsa0rm89km.jpg

Auto%20X%20GT350%204%20of%2010_zpsfhktbly7.jpg

Auto%20X%20GT350%206%20of%2010_zpsrstxa2ee.jpg

Auto%20X%20GT350%207%20of%2010_zpstgmbfw0b.jpg

Auto%20X%20GT350%209%20of%2010_zpsgg7fgtgs.jpg

Auto%20X%20GT350%208%20of%2010_zpss47qfce9.jpg

Auto%20X%20GT350%2010%20of%2010_zpso3iftiwd.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Well my adventure continues. The car is over getting ceramic coated at Imperial Works in Sacramento. This is the last bit of preparation before the Fabulous Fords Forever show in Buena Park at the end of this month. I stopped in to check out the cars progress and drop off a few things. I have to say that the Ceramic coating has a definite effect on the depth of the paint, and shine on the exposed carbon fiber. I will highlight it more in a different post, but I wanted to show how my S550 Carbon mirror caps came out

DSC_0769_zpstz399yxw.jpg

I also wanted to share some teaser photos of the new parts I am happily going to debut for S550 Carbon. They will be releasing a hood vent and fender vents for our cars. I provided some input on a new variation of the GT350 Hood Vent. This is an all carbon fiber piece with a metal black mesh screen. It is inspired by the 13-14 GT500 as to keep some mustang heritage. They have also sent me one of, if not the first, set of all carbon fiber fender vents. A second option for the fender vents will be a carbon fiber / plastic hybrid.

Overall impressions are very good. I will get more detailed about fitment and quality after they have been ceramic coated. I had to drop them off at the detail shop and did not get to do any test fitting or mocking up. Once I do I will provide a detailed review. S550 Carbon has been really good about taking my input on changes or improvements so I have enjoyed working with Dan. For now I will leave you with these, and please post your thoughts as they will be coming to market soon.

DSC_0773_zpslsvxlxdr.jpg

DSC_0770_zps9chgtuil.jpg

DSC_0776_zpsk46kx3cf.jpg

DSC_0777_zpsly83b5ta.jpg
[

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Had the opportunity to visit Santa's workshop today. By that I mean the HQ of ZL1 Addons. Had the opportunity to meet the owner John, take a tour of his laboratory, and visit the nearby production facility in Poway. I will be writing a seperate article about my experience and the company here shortly. I also couldn't leave Santa's workshop without a few early Christmas gifts Might as well subscribe now. More to follow!

IMG_0839.JPG

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Got the car back from Imperial Works in Sacramento after the Ceramic Pro treatment. The end result and customer service were top notch. Will be going to them from here on out and recommend them for sure. They also did a little photo shoot with the car. Can't wait to get the rest of the pictures

IMG_0842.JPG

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
In honor of all the Star Wars hype today here are a couple of edits I was sent by @badyote on Instagram

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

Anyone else have Star Wars themed photos to share?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
car looks great Terrence.
im confused though, is the car han solo? or are you han solo? and which one is the jedi???

lol. just messing with you but that question has been on my mind since you got the car/plates lol

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Love the look of the car, but I don't understand the Star Wars obsession at all...

Users who are viewing this thread