Halfshaft & DS loop pics and a big Thanks!

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
First off...thanks to F8L SNK for helping with all of this. It is VERY much appreciated. :beer:
He and Poor Todd installed the halfshafts, MM bushings, springs and driveshaft loop yesterday. Took them about 8-9 hours for everything. That included dropping the IRS to install the bushings. It's not necessary, but it makes things a whole lot easier.

I haven't driven the car yet. Still working on the light bar installation. It'll be up and running later this evening for sure.

Here are some pics.

New halfshafts
halfshaft1.jpg

IRS out of the car
install1.jpg

Safety First!
loop1.jpg

loop2.jpg

Here are the coupe springs on the vert. Yes...I know it looks like crap. :nonono:
We'll deal with the looks after we determine if they help with the hop.
spring1.jpg

spring2.jpg

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Jayson...I do not know. I do know the axle bar was replaced with a stronger one.

This is from the Driveshaft Shop website:
Here is the key to keeping those c.v. axles together in the late mustang. We have extensive race track testing on c.v. axles with our front wheel drive systems and have developed these axle bars for extreme cars. The kit comes with 2 axle bars made from 300M with our special double temper and heat treat. all 4 new boots and clamps (needed for the smaller size of the axle) axles are in stock and ready for delivery. new pricing 549.99 for the set.

Cost was $650. I sent them my halfshafts, they replaced the necessary parts and assembled them.
Customer service and turn around time was fantastic. I sent them 3-day select from Texas to NY last on Tuesday. They arrived in NY that Friday and were shipped back out Monday and got to me on Thursday.

F8L SNK

Established Member
Your welcome! Don't expect the back of the car to stay that high, it will settle some after you drive it. I don't know how much though. It does have that 70's rake to it though, doesn't it? HeHe.

I still have a huge bruise under my finger nail too!

I want to hear about the test drive!!!!! Hurry up with the toneau cover!

Users who are viewing this thread