Hail Damage

takiotoshi

Established Member
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a good shop to have my 12 Boss 302 repaired, is really not that much damage mostly on the right side but I visited a couple of places but all of them want to see the insurance quote before they can give me a estimate which is a bit weird, is this a standard procedure? . I live in Frisco tx so any help will be appreciated.

_Snake_

Established Member
Can't help you with a local shop, but the request for the estimate is standard. They just want to figure out what the insurance company has agreed to fix and how much they're paying.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They will charge insurance more than they would charge you for out of pocket.

At least in my experience that was the case.

BJCobra99

Established Member
Just bought a 2016 f350 last fall with hail damage. Insurance needed an estimate, so I took it to a local shop. On paper the estimate was 2700. He told me if I paid for it (not insurance) he would charge me 1500 cash price. Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Just say you're trying to decide if you'll claim it and get a cash price.

Must be an area thing, I hit 3 shops today for estimates since my truck got drilled last week. None asked for the insurance quote.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Sounds like they want to know what your insurance is willing to cover so they can charge more and pad their profits.

takiotoshi

Established Member
That's what I thought because I counted the dents and total I have three on the hood and about eight on the side of the car and are real easy to see but I'll try Superdents.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread