Hagerty Drivers Club just published an article on Gen 1 Lightnings

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
The March/April 2020 issue of Hagerty Drivers Club just came out to Hagerty Drivers Club members and contains a two page article on the first generation Lighting sport truck praising them for their outstanding value as an affordable classic. I'd encourage everyone to get a copy if possible. They are estimating #3 grade trucks should be $8500-$12600 for those seeking them out.

The three we have are always putting smiles on our faces and having people ask about them at least once a week!

JeremyBoc

Established Member
What is a #3 grade? I did a google search for the article and I think you have to subscribe $45 to the club to see the 2 page article.

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
A grade #3 is out of #5 being the perfect truck. Yes you will have to subscribe to Hagerty Drivers Club but the benefits are the six time yearly magazine, Unlimited Roadside Service, access to the evaluation guides from Hagerty and a store of driving item that benefits young driver education. Talk to them at 888-310-8020

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
First off, I apologize for not responding sooner but they had a problem logging me on to see all the results of tracking the first generation trucks.

They define the numbering system as:
#1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."

#2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."

#3 vehicles could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 vehicle.

upload_2020-3-27_13-44-57.png

As you can see we took a jump in price the fourth quarter of 2018. The sport truck is just a great pleasure to have and drive regularly.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, that was definitely a nice jump in September of '18.

Just have to post a photo of one that must turn heads.
1995_ford_f150_156764983195d565ef66e7d20190904_172207-e1568768792565-940x626.jpg

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Yeah, that was definitely a nice jump in September of '18.

Just have to post a photo of one that must turn heads.
View attachment 1630711

Thanks for posting that pic Bob. Since I have no pics myself it reminds of my same exact Red 1995 Lightning. What a great truck and vehicle it was. I went on to own a new 2000 Red Lightning and then a 2nd owner low miles Black 2004. I am a huge Lightning fan and will pick up another one down the road. My good friend down in Georgia just picked up a really clean low mile 94 Lightning and he works for Ford. Its his second Lightning. I have nothing but great things to say about the SVT Lightning trucks.

JeremyBoc

Established Member
First off, I apologize for not responding sooner but they had a problem logging me on to see all the results of tracking the first generation trucks.

They define the numbering system as:
#1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best vehicle, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the vehicle has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 vehicles is "concours."

#2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."

#3 vehicles could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 vehicle, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior where applicable. #3 vehicles drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These vehicles are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 vehicle.

View attachment 1630611

As you can see we took a jump in price the fourth quarter of 2018. The sport truck is just a great pleasure to have and drive regularly.
That is very helpful info! Thank you. It sounds like mine is likely a #2.

Users who are viewing this thread