Had to put our horse down, this evening

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife's horse had to have colic surgery day before yesterday. He was getting better. But today around 2:00PM, he took a turn for the worse and went down hill fast. When he could no longer get back on his feet, we made the decision to put him down. He was 20 years old, and my wife had him for 19 of those years. She is just totally grief stricken.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very sorry for your wife and for you, James. I can only imagine how attached she was to have to put him down. Sad.

Will she get another horse?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife's horse had to have colic surgery day before yesterday. He was getting better. But today around 2:00PM, he took a turn for the worse and went down hill fast. When he could no longer get back on his feet, we made the decision to put him down. He was 20 years old, and my wife had him for 19 of those years. She is just totally grief stricken.
I can image the grief after having an animal that long. Condolences.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear James. My mom, grandmother and aunt all had horses when I was growing up, it's a real heart breaker when they lose their horse

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry about that. It's very hard to deal with losing a beloved animal or pet. Been there before and each experience is as heartbreaking as the previous.
Or sometimes worse than the last.

Sorry for your loss friend.

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Very sorry for your wife and for you, James. I can only imagine how attached she was to have to put him down. Sad.

Will she get another horse?
Thanks, Bob. She'll have another one within 3 months, is my bet. Cant see her going too long without one.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Sorry for your loss. Remember all the good times.

Maybe too late to get a hoof print now, but our son did this before we put our last dog to sleep. I see it everyday and it makes me smile.

1648133184480.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread