Gymkhana Grid 2018

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
No, calm down... Ken Block's new video isn't out for a couple more days. This is a Gymkhana competition or race which I didn't know about until earlier today. I saw that Daigo Saito won his class in his 900+hp C6R so I had to check it out to see what it was all about. Pretty entertaining to watch but so far just skipping through the video it is the engines sounds I like the best. Skip to the 54min mark to see Daigo's C6R run which that car is a monster (Explains the sponsor)!!! Also, there is Jason Webb's Monster sponsored Mustang vert that runs two races before Daigo's.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
1:01.30 is a notable run. Petter Solberg running his WR-X 600hp VW Polo and he makes it look easy!

2:11.00 Ken Block runs the Hoonicorn against Jason Webb's Mustang

3:25.00 Petter Solberg races his 600hp VW Polo against his 17 year old son driving his 300hp WRC championship winning Hyundai in a really close race

3:29.00 Ken Block and Daigo run their cars against each other for who puts on the best show

Everything beyond the 3hr mark is pretty much all the finals and is pretty fun to watch.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That looks like a lot of fun to watch in person.

I think so too. The more I watched it the more interesting it was to watch. It is still a pretty new event so as it goes on and gains popularity more drivers will join making it much more competitive. Some of the races are very mismatched, but a lot of the times the outcomes were closer than you think. It's definitely a display of driver skill.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Ken Block got a new series on Prime. Looks like it will be good

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Ken Block got a new series on Prime. Looks like it will be good

I was watching it. I think it is just a special for the build up and release of Gymkhana 10.

I'm really impressed with how well the rally drivers can control these cars. I have always considered them to be among the best and most technical drivers but this really shows how smooth and fluid they are too. Daigo is incredibly good too given his car is over 900hp and only 2000lbs. He is maybe even more precise than the rally drivers but has ti drive in a much different manner given the two different vehicle layouts.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I was watching it. I think it is just a special for the build up and release of Gymkhana 10.

I'm really impressed with how well the rally drivers can control these cars. I have always considered them to be among the best and most technical drivers but this really shows how smooth and fluid they are too. Daigo is incredibly good too given his car is over 900hp and only 2000lbs. He is maybe even more precise than the rally drivers but has ti drive in a much different manner given the two different vehicle layouts.

Never watched the cars gymkhana before except for Mr. Block and his rides. Now motorcycles on the other hand Ive watched numerous times on YouTube. I always wished I could drive like that.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I wonder why daigo ditched the viper?

The Viper was just an old build. He typically builds a new car every season or two depending on how much use it gets. He does prefer a certain type of car though that most drivers dont which is longer wheelbase cars with long noses and short rear rakes. Viper, Supra, 599, Corvette, and Murc all have longer wheelbases or that profile that is much different than the rest of the field.

Users who are viewing this thread