Guys with turbo 400’s

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I just did a SRA swap and I want to go to an auto, but my questions are how is the drivability on the street? ( longest it will be driven is an hour away) and what are your rpms at highway speeds like 70-75mph?( my rear end has 3.73’s right now) Anyone that has one please chime in so I can make a better decision. The car will see a good amount of 1/8 mile track time.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Thanks for the calculator Soap looks like with a 3.73, 28in tire, and in 3rd gear (1.00 ratio) I would be at 3200 rpms doing 71mph.... seems like that may get annoying really quick. Is that similar to what your cars is doing?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
Thanks for the calculator Soap looks like with a 3.73, 28in tire, and in 3rd gear (1.00 ratio) I would be at 3200 rpms doing 71mph.... seems like that may get annoying really quick. Is that similar to what your cars is doing?

possible to add a gear vendor overdrive? that should allow you to cruise on the highway.

Soap

Established Member
looks like with a 3.73, 28in tire, and in 3rd gear (1.00 ratio) I would be at 3200 rpms doing 71mph.... seems like that may get annoying really quick. Is that similar to what your cars is doing?

Yup that is correct, math can not tell a lie.

--Joe

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
I would really like to, gonna talk to my local shop and see if they would be able to. I think it would be a little outside my comfort zone doing the installation myself. I just think shops are going to kill me on labor around here since it’s not that popular yet.

paulstang347

Established Member
I would really like to, gonna talk to my local shop and see if they would be able to. I think it would be a little outside my comfort zone doing the installation myself. I just think shops are going to kill me on labor around here since it’s not that popular yet.

The install was no harder then a 400. Transmission bolted right in. Its not popular yet but very doable. If you have questions feel free to ask me.

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Talked it over with my local shop, gonna go with the 6R80! paulstang347 do you have a complete part list and which is better get a 6R80 out of a f-150 or a GT? Does it even matter? Thanks in advance for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread