guys with kenne bells- boost guage question

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
just took my car out for the first time with the kenne bell 2.6h. gave it a few stabs and had no boost showing on my autometer boost gauge. (I know the gauge works because I used it on my last setup and all I changed is where the hose goes to). I have the boost gauge connected directly to the port on the bypass valve with no T's or anything inbetween. Shouldn't I at least see 3-5psi if I stab it to 4k or so? car felt really strong when I stabbed it.- really strong

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
You need to get the boost source from the fitting that comes off the lower blower plate. Any other port will not show boost pressure.

Blueline

Established Member
As juiced already states you need to get it off the lower port. The bypass valve will not show you any boost.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
ok cool. should I leave the bypass valve open then? I currently have the port you guys are talking about only hooked to my fuel pressure regulator. I can "T" in the boost gauge as needed, but should I also "T" in the bypass valve?

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
There is a splice behind the glove box,just replace splice with Tee fitting no need to go into engine bay! It goes to stock gauge

ctgreddy

Established Member
dont plug the bypass valve. that needs vacuum. Leave the bypass valve how it is now just remove that T. Move the T to the fuel pressure regulator hose which should be the one that sees boost.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
The bypass can have vacuum or boost reference. Most use boost as they started with a factory supercharged vehicle and the line is already there. Do NOT cap the bypass, as it will create a ton of heat and destroy seals.

Users who are viewing this thread