Guys with K member spacers...

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I recently purchased a Whipple Gen 3 3.4 Crusher and have a set of brand new h&r race springs, MM c/c plates etc., still in box.

Has anyone actually experienced any negative side effects running the 1/2" MM k-member spacers? I would REALLY like to avoid cutting my hood.

Anyone have photos of the spacers with h&r race, cut springs, coil-overs etc.? Trying to get a general idea of how to approach this.

Also going to be going with ARH 1 7/8 Headers because from what I hear, the Kooks hit the steering shaft when using spacers. The ARH tubes go around the steering shaft from what I hear.

Anyone with any experience using these spacers...please chime in! Ride height, suspension geometry...any headaches?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Are you on a stock K member? My friend had to cut his hood still even with 1/2” spacers. One negative thing it did is lower the headers closer to the ground. He’s running 1-7/8ths krooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Are you on a stock K member? My friend had to cut his hood still even with 1/2” spacers. One negative thing it did is lower the headers closer to the ground. He’s running 1-7/8ths krooks

Yes sir. Stock K member. Was your friend running a stock K member as well? I have heard that even different motor mounts change positioning when using these spacers.

Did you, or he notice any changes in handling?

Thanks

f2hatch

Established Member
I used them and it wasn’t even close to clearing the stock hood. I have coil overs but ground clearance wasn’t to much of a issue could load up on trailer no problem with 1-7/8 ARH and full 3” exhaust. I have a solid rear though so that helps tuck up the entire exhaust. Ultimately I removed the Whipple and the spacers because I refused to cut the hood or change it

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I used them and it wasn’t even close to clearing the stock hood. I have coil overs but ground clearance wasn’t to much of a issue could load up on trailer no problem with 1-7/8 ARH and full 3” exhaust. I have a solid rear though so that helps tuck up the entire exhaust. Ultimately I removed the Whipple and the spacers because I refused to cut the hood or change it
You were running an aftermarket k member right? What about motor mounts? Stock?

f2hatch

Established Member
You were running an aftermarket k member right? What about motor mounts? Stock?

I was using a maximum Motorsports k-member with stock motor mounts. My buddy used stock/stock with spacers and had to cut the same place I would of. My plan was to cut the entire center rib out then at each end finish repair and paint so there were no holes or signs of it being modified to 95% of the people that would see it

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I was using a maximum Motorsports k-member with stock motor mounts. My buddy used stock/stock with spacers and had to cut the same place I would of. My plan was to cut the entire center rib out then at each end finish repair and paint so there were no holes or signs of it being modified to 95% of the people that would see it
Okay I gotcha. That sucks that it still hit...

UnrealSVT

Established Member
My biggest concern here is radically altering the geometry of the cars suspension. I'm going to do the FYBR kit with the diff lowering mount etc as well. Not sure if driveshaft angle or steering are negatively impacted...

f2hatch

Established Member
You won’t have any problems. Think of it as raising the body the drivetrain stays in the same spot

UnrealSVT

Established Member
You won’t have any problems. Think of it as raising the body the drivetrain stays in the same spot
Okay cool. I like that you're still having decent ground clearance and able to easily bolt up 1 7/8" Headers as well! I think I'm going to try the spacers and see where it goes from there. Using stock mounts and k member and a 3.5" pulley.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Yes sir. Stock K member. Was your friend running a stock K member as well? I have heard that even different motor mounts change positioning when using these spacers.

Did you, or he notice any changes in handling?

Thanks

Aftermarket K with stock motor mounts and coil overs. The cars pretty slammed IMO but handling was the same. I haven’t noticed any negative effects on the handling.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Aftermarket K with stock motor mounts and coil overs. The cars pretty slammed IMO but handling was the same. I haven’t noticed any negative effects on the handling.

Good to hear! I wanna make a ton of power while maintaining some street manners. I know it's alot to ask at times, but I'm buying all of the top of the line parts and doing as much research as I can.

Thanks for the feedback!

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Okay cool. I like that you're still having decent ground clearance and able to easily bolt up 1 7/8" Headers as well! I think I'm going to try the spacers and see where it goes from there. Using stock mounts and k member and a 3.5" pulley.

It all depends on how lowered your car is in terms of k member hitting.

Mine scraps ever once in a while... but mine lays on the ground. If you have coil overs you can adjust the height and spring recoil to your liking. Without coil overs you have no ability to adjust. Any reason you don't want to put coilovers in? The MM stuff is great.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

UnrealSVT

Established Member
It all depends on how lowered your car is in terms of k member hitting.

Mine scraps ever once in a while... but mine lays on the ground. If you have coil overs you can adjust the height and spring recoil to your liking. Without coil overs you have no ability to adjust. Any reason you don't want to put coilovers in? The MM stuff is great.

I'm a bit hesitant because of all the noise I hear of some cobra owners reporting. I'm planning on doing the H&R race springs and maybe removing an ISO up front...

But, alot of guys are talking me towards the coil overs...I don't personally have much experience with them though.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I'm a bit hesitant because of all the noise I hear of some cobra owners reporting. I'm planning on doing the H&R race springs and maybe removing an ISO up front...

But, alot of guys are talking me towards the coil overs...I don't personally have much experience with them though.

My MM stuff makes no noise. Who would be installing all this stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread