guys with custom cold sides - pics?

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
What size pipe did you go with? What intercooler? Trying to figure out if I want to redo mine this winter, I'm still running the on3 crap and I feel like its a restriction at this point.

also interested in using vbands, i keep blowing off boots at 22psi+

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I made a new 4" charge pipe a couple years ago. Both ends are bead rolled so they don't come off, however v bands would be better no doubt. I need to make it again so I can extend where the MAF was all the way and remove one of the silicone couplers. Might be good to make that end v band.

On the intercooler side, I found out through datalogs how poorly my intercooler works. On a 65 degree ambient day, my IAT was 162 and the end of a 1/4 mile run. I am planning to build a new intercooler using a Garrett 4.5" core. My current one is 3.5 and I am not sure what brand it is, but it's not nearly as efficient as a Garrett core, that I am sure of.

20160910_145502_PerfectlyClear_zps9q1fricu.jpg

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Mine utilizes a Treadstone 1300hp core. same side in an out. 3" from turbo to cooler, 3" out of the cooler, expands to 3.5" at the fender and to the engine.

FB_IMG_1456025980583_zpsi7oqgepm.jpg

IMAG0619_zpswu3kb91j.jpg

engine_zps5jpruyd1.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
If you have access to a welder you can also run a small bead on the charge pipes just behind where the hose clamp will sit.

lilmarauder

Established Member
Mine utilizes a Treadstone 1300hp core. same side in an out. 3" from turbo to cooler, 3" out of the cooler, expands to 3.5" at the fender and to the engine.

FB_IMG_1456025980583_zpsi7oqgepm.jpg

IMAG0619_zpswu3kb91j.jpg

engine_zps5jpruyd1.jpg
I see your using a procharger/correct elbow, where do you get the 3.5" version at?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
i blew my coupler off the throttle body also. i had the normal oval acufab. ive seen people use straps from cold side and bolt it to the throttle body bolts or the intake. and it work pretty good. i just went with a round throttle body with a vband and forget about ever blowing that coupler off lol and i ran a 3" last year. now with the new intake and turbo setup. not sure what size im going to do yet.

islander033

Established Member
I made a new 4" charge pipe a couple years ago. Both ends are bead rolled so they don't come off, however v bands would be better no doubt. I need to make it again so I can extend where the MAF was all the way and remove one of the silicone couplers. Might be good to make that end v band.

On the intercooler side, I found out through datalogs how poorly my intercooler works. On a 65 degree ambient day, my IAT was 162 and the end of a 1/4 mile run. I am planning to build a new intercooler using a Garrett 4.5" core. My current one is 3.5 and I am not sure what brand it is, but it's not nearly as efficient as a Garrett core, that I am sure of.

20160910_145502_PerfectlyClear_zps9q1fricu.jpg
Nice build Tony.

I use a 1500hp Chiseled A2A intercooler. My AIT goes up less than 20f after burnout to end of 1/4. I typically see about 10f increase.

Users who are viewing this thread