Guys running the McLeod RXT, question

R1Lello

Established Member
How do you like? I plan to order mine tomorrow thru Lethal/Jared and leaning towards the RXT street with the lightened steel flywheel. Did some of you go the 'race' with the heavier flywheel? Also, I noticed on McLeods website that the GT500 kit is $2400 and both kits thru Lethal are $1249 and $1299. Anyone know the difference? thanks

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
I got the RXT "race" version from Lethal and I can't say enough good things about it. It was everything I was looking for OEM feel, no chatter, and love it at the track.

As for the cost difference, I believe Lethal buys the flywheels and clutch seperately to make the same "kits" as McLeod. Then passes the saving on to the customers. If I wrong I'm sure Jared will speak up.

This is the same clutch "race" version that they run in their 2010 that runs 9's. I'm really happy with the clutch...!

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I have the RXT and just haven't installed it yet. My brother has it in his car and I love the way it feels so I brought it for mine. Waiting for the stock to give out and then I will change it. I'm currently over the 700hp mark and can't wait. He has much more HP and TQ than I do and it feels great. You can even slip it if you like the pedal control is awesome and there is absolutely no chatter with it at all. Got mine form lethal also. Just need the stock one to give out now lol

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I have the RXT Street and its great. It has about 20 passes on it and hasnt missed a beat.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Love it and it's the best one I've had. Changed mine mid season last year and got about 40 passes on the RXT and it's still VERY solid. Most of the chatter gone, zero noise, and very soft pedal equals a very big time win for me.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Rxt race here, I drive mine every day. Oem pedal feel but grabs hard. Best clutch purchase/decision i've experienced. You won't be disappointed.

Purchased mine from Jared as well

R1Lello

Established Member
Ordered it this morning from Jared......seems like a great guy. Ordered the RXT with lightened steel flywheel kit....my stocker still holding but getting ready. Next up in the next few months: Mono TB needs to go, will go with L&M 66/hiflow elbow or VMP 67/hiflow elbow and new tune. Leaning to Justin/VMP as he seems to be the TVS master unless Jared can convince me otherwise that with my current combo, I'd get a near perfect tune thru Lethal/Jon Lund.

white_gt500

Established Member
Its great!! u wont regret getting it, much batter then oem and like the others said no chatter or hiss..i belive they r cheaper thru lethal because they r a retailer for them and give them better deals to sell for us customers...tell how it goes for u

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
I am also considering the RXT Race (heavy flywheel version) for my 07 GT500. So far I have read only great reviews from everyone that has used it. My biggest concern is the use of an unsprung hub. One benefit of a sprung hub is to reduce vibration, especially while not in gear. Has this been an issue for anyone? Any vibration issues?

frydguy79

Established Member
i have put 150 miles on mine this week and i really like the way it feels and the hold is 10 times better than stock, just need a few hundred more miles till

i really put it to the test:beer:

frydguy79

Established Member

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
the bottom one is the race set up, it will weigh 7lbs heavier than stock

Ok, I thought I read somewhere that the Street one was heavier.

Planning to go for the Street setup for street driving and occasional open track use. :burnout:

DocHolliday

I'm your huckleberry
Established Member
Thanks for all of the info. I ordered my RXT this week from my local speed shop. I decided to go with the heavy steel flywheel, makes for smooth street driving and awesome at the track.

Also, a big thanks to ViperBlueCobra for letting me drive his car to help with my decision!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I know Lethal runs the lightened flywheel, but I grabbed the heavy one because it'll be easier to run around town with lots of traffic (doesn't lose inertia quickly) and I love what a heavy FW does at the track. I have enough torque so spooling it up isn't an issue. I want to keep things spinning up and hard between shifts.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread